Cryptocurrency: US Pentagon Bans SOFTWAR and Jason Lowery

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 22:03:38 PDT 2023

https://www.mitbitcoinexpo.org/streaming
Day 2, Track A, 1:50:00 to 2:30:00

US National Defense Fellow at MIT, Major Jason Lowery:
Blaming Bitcoin to protect your failing hegemony is not
going to help you
https://v.redd.it/iyetzpdsn1wa1

Is a US military officer publicly calling the US a failing hegemony?
Yes. That's his job.
Military analysts are some of the most sober, realistic people you
will ever meet because it's not their job to tell you what you want to
hear; it's their job to tell you what you need to hear: the truth.

US National Defense Fellow at MIT, Major Jason Lowery: Blaming Bitcoin
to protect your failing hegemony is not going to help you

[–]Lokeycommie 117 points118 points119 points 3 months ago (22 children)

Is there a link to the full speech? I would love to hear more.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]KAX1107[S] 75 points76 points77 points 3 months ago (3 children)

Full presentation here

Day 2, Track A, 1:50:00 to 2:30:00

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Deafboy_2v1 7 points8 points9 points 3 months ago (1 child)

Thanks for the link.

What he talks about is technically correct, although by concentrating
on a one single aspect of bitcoin, I feel like he's loosing the
overall picture, and therefor the entire point of why the bitcoin is
what it is.

In Bitcoin, projecting physical power will eventually bankrupt you, if
you do not follow the rules set by the "logic", which in this case, is
represented by digital signatures. At the same time, the signatures
themselves would be worthless, without the blocks to put them in.

Also, the use of the "bits" IS actually important. If bitcoin wasn't a
monetary system, it would be pretty hard to pay for that demonstration
of physical power. No tx fees = no reward = no resources to project
physical power.

It's the unique combination of various types of forces, applied by
multiple groups of people, each of them with their own different goals
and strategies, that makes the system tick.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]RonPaulWasR1ght 1 point2 points3 points 3 months ago (0 children)

He has many more points which aren't reflected in the short clip on
this post. For instance, he says it really should be called
"BitPower", because each coin represents an amount of power that had
to be expended to keep that information secure. He talks about
information being the next dimension in resource securing and
procuring, and that the "arms race" in that permissionless pursuit of
that resource could well be control of the Bitcoin network (or one
like it).

His talk is incredibly well presented, philosophically brilliant and
entirely superb. This young man knows what he's talking about. You
guys should check out the entire thing in that link above if you have
time.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]SuperMoonRocket 18 points19 points20 points 3 months ago (14 children)

Invest_Answers on YouTube has a really good interview with him.
Regardless of what anyone thinks about James, the segment was good.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]escodelrio 7 points8 points9 points 3 months ago (11 children)

James is a fraud.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]KAX1107[S] 21 points22 points23 points 3 months ago* (1 child)

Which crypto influencers are frauds?

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]escodelrio 9 points10 points11 points 3 months ago (0 children)

RektAnswers.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]stocktadercryptobro 1 point2 points3 points 3 months ago (4 children)

How so?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]and02572 7 points8 points9 points 3 months ago (3 children)

I wouldnt say a "Fraud", but people probably didn't do well following
him..... He just made some really, really bad calls. Seems like he
lost his mind in the crypto space a bit over the last few years.
Someone else linked the clip of him praising SBF and declaring that
there won't he a Crypto Winter. Also he funneled a ton of people to
FTX.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]escodelrio 11 points12 points13 points 3 months ago (1 child)

You know how you're dealing with a conman? He claims to give YouTube
superchats to animal charities. No way to verify this. If only we had
an open and permissionless system that would allow onchain
verification of money flows in and out. If he wanted to prove that
money is really going where he claims, he could easily doxx a Bitcoin
address. Has he done so? That's all you need to know.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]stocktadercryptobro 1 point2 points3 points 3 months ago (0 children)

Thanks. I heard very little on him.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]liberty4u2 1 point2 points3 points 3 months ago (1 child)

Found the central banker.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]escodelrio 15 points16 points17 points 3 months ago (0 children)

No, I just watched James shill everything from Celsius, to Blockfi, to
FTX, to Solana, and make videos about Terra Luna going to $80,000. He
is a 💩coin shiller and has probably wrecked a bunch of his followers.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Alarming-Restaurant9 -1 points0 points1 point 3 months ago (0 children)

James is a hard one to know if he is a fraud . He did a schill alot of
other stuff but he also said he was always 90+% in BTC .

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]sylsau 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (0 children)

Few

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ravenofiridescence 0 points1 point2 points 23 hours ago (0 children)

I recently found his videos. What do you not like about him? Would be
interested to know more.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]MrThomaslef 2 points3 points4 points 3 months ago (1 child)

Full speech on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfYDSE7T_cQ

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Lokeycommie 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (0 children)

Thanks a whole speech was less so informative and more so a really
good thought experiment.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Bitcoin_Maximalist 0 points1 point2 points 20 hours ago (0 children)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgBvr6InEpk&t=1s

download, save and share

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Biffsbuttcheeks 192 points193 points194 points 3 months ago (43 children)

Is a US military officer publicly calling the US a failing hegemony?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]gabbykitcat 106 points107 points108 points 3 months ago (9 children)

I think he's calling dollar dominance a failing hegemony- but there's
a case to be made that's saying the same thing.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Rydog_78 67 points68 points69 points 3 months ago (6 children)

Yeah, he’s saying we are using power projection to support a flawed
and inferior fractional reserve banking system. The US needs to put
its resources into supporting BTC - a superior banking system before
other nation states do it first.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–][deleted] 3 months ago* (2 children)

[deleted]

[–]Z3LS3 9 points10 points11 points 3 months ago (1 child)

Transparently on the blockchain

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]intjdad 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (2 children)

a superior banking system?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Rydog_78 2 points3 points4 points 3 months ago* (1 child)

BTC acts as a payment system as well by using the lighting network.
You can transfer BTC around the world in less time than using the
swift system and at lower cost. You can take your entire net worth
with you just by remembering your seed phrase and travel to another
country and reestablish yourself with savings intact. Can’t do that
with your savings account.

BTC it’s backed 1 for 1 unlike our traditional fractional reserve
banks. We witnessed this year a bunch of banks fail and the government
basically stepped in in SVB’s situation and backed all deposits. Tax
payers aren’t on that hook this time for this because this was not a
bailout as in the bank meltdown of 09’, rather it’s a bail-in. The
federal government waived the 250,000 FDIC cap to make depositors
whole again but believe me when I say losses those WILL be socialized
in some shape or form because banks will increase fees and such to
cover this f up.

When you invest in BTC there is no one on the other end of the
blockchain investing your money into something that may go poof on
your behalf. No counterparty risks involved! If you practice good
security, self custody, every Satoshi you bought is your Satoshi until
you sell and because no third party intermediaries have your funds and
are buying assets with your funds. So in a sense, BTC better than a
bank because 1 BTC will always be 1 BTC and everyone who bought BTC
deserves the price they bought it at. Forgot to mention that BTC will
only be 21 million ever while the fiat sitting in your bank account
gets inflated away by money printing.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]intjdad 0 points1 point2 points 2 months ago (0 children)

I see your point. Unfortunate that it is still so unstable

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]FixedGearJunkie 11 points12 points13 points 3 months ago (1 child)

definitely the same thing. If the petro-dollar fails, the US will not
be far behind. CBDCs and other gimmicks will only delay the
inevitable.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Spirit_409 3 points4 points5 points 3 months ago (0 children)

But they can invert that by mining or buying bitcoin. I guess also by
requisitioning it, but good luck with that, really.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]BrendanTFirefly 203 points204 points205 points 3 months ago (4 children)

He has sworn to uphold the U.S. Constitution. Nothing says he has any
obligation to uphold the Federal Reserve banking system

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]diydude2 53 points54 points55 points 3 months ago (2 children)

Correct. He has taken an oath to defend the Constitution from all
enemies, foreign and domestic.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Iamthespiderbro 24 points25 points26 points 3 months ago (1 child)

In that case I have a long laundry list of domestic agencies that need
to be reckoned with.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]intjdad 1 point2 points3 points 3 months ago (0 children)

Right?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–][deleted] 1 point2 points3 points 3 months ago (0 children)

Precisely!!

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]BigDrippinSammichredditor for 3 months 27 points28 points29 points
3 months ago (21 children)

The US military can be surprisingly introspective and honest outside
of the spheres of leadership which play politics in DC.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]sceaga_genesis 11 points12 points13 points 3 months ago (20 children)

I remember them being super early on climate change

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]SatoshisButthole 3 points4 points5 points 3 months ago (6 children)

As the number one polluters in the world I'd fucking hope so 😂

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]broshrugged 2 points3 points4 points 3 months ago (5 children)

Pretty sure that award goes to China.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]intjdad 2 points3 points4 points 3 months ago (4 children)

1.4 billion people vs 300 million lol

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]broshrugged 2 points3 points4 points 3 months ago (3 children)

Ok then, per capita the award still does not go to USA. Do people even
look things up?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_greenhouse_gas_emissions_per_capita?wprov=sfti1

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]intjdad 0 points1 point2 points 2 months ago (2 children)

You said that China was the number 1 polluter. The link you posted
shows China's per capita greenhouse gas emissions are half that of the
US.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]broshrugged 0 points1 point2 points 2 months ago (1 child)

Hey, blast from the past.

My point is that the USA is not the #1 polluter either nominally or per capita.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

[+]DynamicHunter comment score below threshold-10 points-9 points-8
points 3 months ago (10 children)

You mean like the 11 aircraft carriers we have?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Wash_Your_Bed_Sheets 30 points31 points32 points 3 months ago (5 children)

Idk if you're being sarcastic or dense but the aircraft carriers are
nuclear powered.. That was the worst example of our military to joke
about emissions lol

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Inside_Marsupial4098redditor for 3 months 5 points6 points7 points
3 months ago (0 children)

Glorious

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]lunaoreomiel 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (0 children)

Pretty sure the military is the biggest polluter on earth.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[+]DynamicHunter comment score below threshold-9 points-8 points-7
points 3 months ago (2 children)

The support ships that bring them Amazon packages, defend & support
them, and refuel everything else on board don’t run on nuclear

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Wash_Your_Bed_Sheets 13 points14 points15 points 3 months ago (1 child)

I am aware, I just think it was funny you specifically mentioned one
of the few vessels that are efficient.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]DynamicHunter -4 points-3 points-2 points 3 months ago (0 children)

Efficient is a strange term for a floating, moving city. Look into the
logistics of it, they’re far from climate neutral even if the ship
itself runs on green energy.

Besides, it’s not like we have more than the next 7 biggest countries
combined or something. That would be ridiculous, right?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]sceaga_genesis 1 point2 points3 points 3 months ago (1 child)

No in the thick report they released claiming it was a threat to
national security

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]DynamicHunter 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (0 children)

Actions, not words

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Gravy_Wampire -1 points0 points1 point 3 months ago (1 child)

Yup. That’s exactly what they meant. You’re so smart and witty

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]DynamicHunter -1 points0 points1 point 3 months ago (0 children)

👢👅

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]BigDrippinSammichredditor for 3 months 0 points1 point2 points 3
months ago (0 children)

I said outside of DC.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]lastaccountgotdoxxed 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (0 children)

Most bases have solar or wind. Not because they love the trees, but
because it makes sense to have a power source that doesn't rely on
fossil fuels supply lines.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]diydude2 24 points25 points26 points 3 months ago (1 child)

    Is a US military officer publicly calling the US a failing hegemony?

Yes. That's his job.

Military analysts are some of the most sober, realistic people you
will ever meet because it's not their job to tell you what you want to
hear; it's their job to tell you what you need to hear: the truth.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]TonyCaliStyle -1 points0 points1 point 3 months ago (0 children)

*This is true, so long as you aren’t advising Putin.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–][deleted] 14 points15 points16 points 3 months ago (0 children)

Better than US central bank officials & presidents & politicians lying
& deceiving the people every time they speak. If what he is saying is
true it should be said. Drain the swamp. The bankster gangsters rob
the people and we say nothing. This man not only serves his country by
his service also speaks truth for the benefit of the people. It is
patriotic ethical and morally correct to speak truth. Having our own
military stand with the people to expose the corruption within the
fiat money system is the kind of change we need. Otherwise we will
fall, ignoring that truth is ignorant and doing no one a service.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]boato11 9 points10 points11 points 3 months ago (0 children)

Who isn't?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]MagnaCumLoudly 1 point2 points3 points 3 months ago (0 children)

I think he meant the financial system more specifically

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]FixedGearJunkie 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (0 children)

yes, and he will be proved right in that regard sooner or later as all
empires eventually suffer the same fate.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Analog_AI 120 points121 points122 points 3 months ago (3 children)

The guy is brave. He talks common sense.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]jesschester 9 points10 points11 points 3 months ago (1 child)

Common sensers get stitches

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Analog_AI 2 points3 points4 points 3 months ago (0 children)

This young man is fearless and can see through the fog. 👏🏻👍🏻

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]cooltone 1 point2 points3 points 3 months ago (0 children)

No idea whether he is brave or not. He is not talking common sense though.

I liked the description of the BCR between entities.

Power Projection was not adequately described. I took it to mean
promoting a BCR to prevent action. If so it's understandable.

Anytime the line between physics and meta physics is crossed and terms
are considered equivalent across this line the argument becomes
unsustainable; the misuse of term energy is the case in point.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]RonPaulWasR1ght 60 points61 points62 points 3 months ago (0 children)

Everything he said sounded rational, logical and based. Well done sir.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Key_Friendship_6767 28 points29 points30 points 3 months ago (0 children)

I have been an early bitcoin adopter and heard many speeches. This guy
speaks straight to the point and is not getting lost in the noise.

I have enough but might go get a little more just because of this guy lol.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]sgtslaughterTV 21 points22 points23 points 3 months ago (2 children)

I'm just gonna wing it with his theory of "Bitpower"

Russians and other hostile nation states (Iran, North Korea, possibly
China later) already have access to bitcoin to some extent or another.

By encouraging / incentivizing Americans to buy and hold bitcoin, you
are effectively reducing the access other nation states have to
purchasing bitcoin - although pumping the price. Let's throw out a
hypothetical: 50% of all liquid BTC is in the hands of Americans. The
other 50% is held by people in other countries. By buying more,
America pumps the price, making the monetary value stronger in other
nations, but reducing the amount that ordinary people in those nations
can afford to buy.

A theory that could strengthen the narrative for bitcoin is countries
adopting el salvador's approach to citizenship: "Give us x amount of
BTC and you get citizenship here." boom. We just changed the game a
bit here, didn't we?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]CupNoodlesKing 1 point2 points3 points 3 months ago (0 children)

Sounds like a plan. Buying a North Korean’s family worth of satoshis.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Steal-Rain 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (0 children)

Bitcoin is affordable to all. You dont need to fork over $30000 for 1
Bitcoin. 1 BC is divided into 10 decimal places called Satoshis. Or
Sats for short. It doesnt matter how much money you have. You can
always get a piece of Bitcoin and your money will scale with it's
value, at whatever point you buy it at.

If Bitcoin doubles in value, so too does the value of your holdings.
At the moment, the American dollar value drives its value, but that's
not any different than the system of exchange is now.

So foreign currency can buy in, and cash out, and still get the same
exchange of value in whatever currency they preferred.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ZealousidealLie9249 37 points38 points39 points 3 months ago (22 children)

Suit and tie would make for better camouflage in a lecture hall...

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Mountain_Discount_94 17 points18 points19 points 3 months ago (17 children)

He’s probably on duty

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]dadlif3 10 points11 points12 points 3 months ago (16 children)

Civilian attire can be worn in place of a duty uniform. I'm wearing
civies right now!

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Mountain_Discount_94 4 points5 points6 points 3 months ago (15 children)

Been a while since I looked at the regs but I assume your usage of
“can” means it’s optional. It’s not like this dude is doing stolen
valor because he’s wearing a uniform.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]dadlif3 6 points7 points8 points 3 months ago (14 children)

Never said he was. He's a field grade officer who graduated from MIT,
he made the choice to wear a combat uniform (or whatever the space
force calls it) instead of professional civilian attire. My position
is that I don't trust people who, when given the option, make the
conscious choice to wear their uniform because they want to use it to
solicit attention or respect.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Mountain_Discount_94 7 points8 points9 points 3 months ago (2 children)

Cool, so you have confirmed that it’s a personal choice and there’s no
foul in what he’s done. Thank you!

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]feedb4k 14 points15 points16 points 3 months ago (0 children)

His CO may very well have required him in uniform if he was speaking
as a representative and on duty.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]dadlif3 1 point2 points3 points 3 months ago (0 children)

Anytime!

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]hob_goblin8 3 points4 points5 points 3 months ago (5 children)

He addressed this sorta about a different appearance he made uniform
https://twitter.com/jasonplowery/status/1650202847936405513?s=61

Interesting to see him back in uniform here, wonder what the story is

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]dadlif3 2 points3 points4 points 3 months ago (4 children)

I'm with 'pledditor' on this one. He's a Major trying to make himself
seem more important than he really is. Special permission = "hey boss,
I think business attire would be better for the venue, is that fine
with you?" To which his CO says "sure think Jason" because officers at
that level are on a first name basis.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–][deleted] 3 points4 points5 points 3 months ago (1 child)

    He's a Major trying to make himself seem more important than he really is.

I think you got some small man syndrome or some shit going on. I think
you're upset because he's up there and you're not.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]dadlif3 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (0 children)

Well with a name like BMXnRoidz I'd be crazy not to take your
unsolicited life advice. 🤡

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]diydude2 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (1 child)

He's pretty damn young to be a Major. Just sayin'.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]wighty 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (0 children)

Did a masters at MIT, so has to be pretty smart by default there.
Also, apparently under the space force so I kind of wonder if there
was a bigger void to fill there so a bit easier to rank up?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]circa1337 2 points3 points4 points 3 months ago (0 children)

Wow, bit of a strange reason to mistrust someone. You would think you
could view it as either being humble or just him being more
comfortable in a uniform instead of a suit and tie. Who are you to
deny him the uniform he earned? This is the last kind of person you
have a reason to distrust.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–][deleted] 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (3 children)

    instead of professional civilian attire.

He's not a civilian, you just hate the military. I think anyone who
wears a suit is a fucking tool. I'm extremely qualified in my tech
profession and wont consider any offer if there is any formal dress
code.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]dadlif3 4 points5 points6 points 3 months ago (2 children)

You got me. I hate the military so much that I spent the last ten
years on active duty just to prove it. 🤡

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]HODLonward 4 points5 points6 points 3 months ago (0 children)

To be fair, that's highly plausible lol "I'll show Uncle Sam, just one
more re-up and I'll get that pension, fuck the Army amirite"

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–][deleted] 2 points3 points4 points 3 months ago (0 children)

Half the reason I don't like wearing suits is because I'm a vet and
don't like people telling me what to wear.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]CPhaze 3 points4 points5 points 3 months ago (0 children)

It drives the point that he is a part of the system home much more
effectively, in my opinion.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–][deleted] 5 points6 points7 points 3 months ago (0 children)

No fuck that, I respect military, that is who the fuck he is.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Deafboy_2v1 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (1 child)

A suite and a tie on a technical conference is a potential scam artist alert.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ZealousidealLie9249 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (0 children)

Lol.. that explains why so many muppets lost their money to the hoodie
wearing teenager scam bankman fraud

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Super_flywhiteguy 5 points6 points7 points 3 months ago (0 children)

If we had more brass like this in the higher ranks we'd be a lot
better off. I'm hoping a lot if the boomers retire off so this
generation has a chance at the steering wheel to avoid catastrophe.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]SunnyDayShadowboxer 19 points20 points21 points 3 months ago* (0 children)

Currently working through his thesis presented in "Softwar".
Definitely recommend it, has been a decent read so far.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ClutchinIt 12 points13 points14 points 3 months ago (0 children)

Go tell the gov leaders, bitcoin was made because of them.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Fit-Abrocoma-1746 2 points3 points4 points 3 months ago (0 children)

When there is no competition they abuse their own people . The
government never thought 💭 bitcoin was possible until it was proving
value to the people who use it . The people have waken up , they will
store their hard earn wealth into something that doesn’t debase

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]justincomeeredditor for a day 2 points3 points4 points 3 months ago
(0 children)

great job

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]n8dahwgg 6 points7 points8 points 3 months ago (2 children)

Hes a hero. Anyone got a link to full video?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]slykethephoxenix 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (1 child)

Want to see it too.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]FenwickDTR 1 point2 points3 points 3 months ago (0 children)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/12yltuy/us_national_defense_fellow_at_mit_major_jason/jholwzz?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]DWill0111 1 point2 points3 points 3 months ago (0 children)

Well said! Yes!

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Trotlan 1 point2 points3 points 3 months ago (0 children)

Well done Sir!

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Middle_Ingenuity_627 1 point2 points3 points 3 months ago (0 children)

Promote that Major to Lieutenant Colonel immediately!

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ND_FightingIrish 1 point2 points3 points 3 months ago (0 children)

He wrote a book called Softwar, basically his thesis on bitcoin.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Allions1 1 point2 points3 points 3 months ago (0 children)

Very, very interesting. Thanks for sharing! I’ll look to the whole
speech as soon as I can.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]1sw331 1 point2 points3 points 3 months ago (0 children)

He makes rational points

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]GodOfOdium 1 point2 points3 points 3 months ago (1 child)

I find this weird. Is there a military mutiny in progress.? Isn't the
US army supposed to protect the might of the USD? I am so confused and
it is scary.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]YaBoyLaKroy 1 point2 points3 points 3 months ago (0 children)

no one really joins the military to protect the might of the USD.
People join to pay for school and a shot at having a decent life, or
kids with war fantasies.

you'll never see anyone in the wealth class enlist.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ztrz55 2 points3 points4 points 3 months ago (3 children)

That tapping sound on the mic drove me crazy. I don't know why. I do
now know my kryptonite. Do this to me and I'll give you whatver you
want.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Seisouhen 3 points4 points5 points 3 months ago (2 children)

    I'll give you whatver you want.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]-_-Zuko 2 points3 points4 points 3 months ago (0 children)

👆🏽Stranger danger

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]CannaDorata1 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (0 children)

Give me one btc

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]fx2566fbl 1 point2 points3 points 3 months ago (0 children)

Our tax farm doesn’t care, it wants to keep us enslaved and will go to
any lengths to achieve and maintain it.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]atict 2 points3 points4 points 3 months ago (0 children)

Heres the fucking sauce at least link it ffs. Track A skip to an hour
fifty.1:50:00. https://www.mitbitcoinexpo.org/streaming

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Broineverysentence -3 points-2 points-1 points 3 months ago (1 child)

Come on bros stop jerking off this dude.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]-_-Zuko 10 points11 points12 points 3 months ago (0 children)

Out of all the things you could have said and in so many other ways,
you instead chose to say this. Hmmm.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[+]dadlif3 comment score below threshold-21 points-20 points-19 points
3 months ago (23 children)

Don't trust anyone who wears their uniform for personal gain.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]KAX1107[S] 36 points37 points38 points 3 months ago (8 children)

This is the MIT Bitcoin Expo

    personal gain

What personal gain? He refused all paid talking opportunities and
turned down an invitation to bitcoin magazine's conference next month

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]dadlif3 -5 points-4 points-3 points 3 months ago (7 children)

Some people wear their uniform for attention or special recognition.
Jason clearly decided to put his uniform on instead of a regular set
of clothes so people would thank him for his service or think he's a
badass.

In this case Jason Lowery is likely a major nerd who wants to look
cool by wearing the space force equivalent of the Army combat uniform.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]shleebs 6 points7 points8 points 3 months ago (3 children)

That is complete and utter conjecture on your part, so much so that I
would say you are projecting.

People need to see those in uniform talking about Bitcoin to show
there is support coming from within the ranks of government
organizations. It's healthy optics to associate Bitcoin with his
position in government.

Don't bring your military tribalism into this space. We get it, you
think those who server in other branches than yourself are inferior.
Bitcoin is anti-tribal.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[+]dadlif3 comment score below threshold-10 points-9 points-8 points 3
months ago (2 children)

    That is complete and utter conjecture on your part, so much so
that I would say you are projecting.

    We get it, you think those who server in other branches than
yourself are inferior.

The cognitive dissonance is real! Peak irony. Thanks for the laugh.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]shleebs 5 points6 points7 points 3 months ago (1 child)

Thanks for bad takes. I look forward to seeing your comment downvoted
even further.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]dadlif3 -5 points-4 points-3 points 3 months ago (0 children)

Weird flex but okay.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]KAX1107[S] 4 points5 points6 points 3 months ago (1 child)

    Jason clearly decided to put his uniform on instead of a regular
set of clothes

I think you overlooked the fact that he's a US National Defense Fellow
at MIT and this was at the MIT Bitcoin Expo yesterday

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]dadlif3 -1 points0 points1 point 3 months ago (0 children)

I know who he is. I also know tons of Service Members and I can tell
when someone is using their uniform to solicit attention. He also
wears his cammies on podcasts so it's very clearly a conscious choice.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]McBonyknee 7 points8 points9 points 3 months ago (3 children)

    Don't trust anyone who wears their uniform for personal gain. -dadlif3

What does this even mean? I see from other posts that you're on active
duty as well, can you elaborate?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]dadlif3 -2 points-1 points0 points 3 months ago (2 children)

Thanks for reminding me to scrub my profile.

Some people wear their uniform for attention or personal gain. I had a
Soldier fly on vacation in his uniform because he was an attention
whore. Dude was on leave, woke up on a Saturday (non duty day), and
decided to put his uniform on instead of a regular set of clothes so
people would thank him for his service or think he's a badass or get
an upgrade to first class.

In this case Jason Lowery is likely a major nerd who wants to look
cool by wearing the space force equivalent of the Army combat uniform.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]fasulo_ 4 points5 points6 points 3 months ago (1 child)

Major Nerd 🫡

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]dadlif3 2 points3 points4 points 3 months ago (0 children)

Here's a salute for that dad joke 🫡

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]shleebs 9 points10 points11 points 3 months ago (1 child)

Bitcoin can be used by anyone, including people you don't like. That
is what permission-less actually means. If you don't understand that,
you don't understand Bitcoin.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]dadlif3 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (0 children)

    Bitcoin can be used by anyone, including people you don't like.

Agree 100% and I never said anything differently!

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]fnetma 8 points9 points10 points 3 months ago (1 child)

To be fair he did do this research as part of a DOD and Space Force program...

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]I_was_bone_to_dance 10 points11 points12 points 3 months ago (0 children)

I love the Space Force. Everyone says it’s the best Force. Some people
like brute force but I prefer Space Force. Everyone says I have the
best Forces and the Space is my favorite.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]SunnyDayShadowboxer 1 point2 points3 points 3 months ago (0 children)

Whats the gain in explaining a thesis?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Mountain_Discount_94 1 point2 points3 points 3 months ago (1 child)

He’s likely on duty

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]dadlif3 -1 points0 points1 point 3 months ago (0 children)

I'm on active duty and wearing civilian clothing to work right now. JL
is wearing his uniform because he thinks it makes him look like less
of a nerd.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]aZamaryk 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (2 children)

Like wearing it to a store for potential military discount?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]dadlif3 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (1 child)

Exactly. Can't stand that kind of behavior and I don't tolerate it
from any of my Soldiers.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[+]MoparMiningLLC comment score below threshold-6 points-5 points-4
points 3 months ago (1 child)

Lowery is a clown

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[+]meefozio comment score below threshold-8 points-7 points-6 points 3
months ago* (0 children)

"Bitcoin is a weapon. It's a weapon. It's a WEAPON. BITCOIN IS A
WEAPON WEAPON WEAPON WEAPON WEAPON. Praise my genius or I'm blocking
you!"

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]kirtapmojolo -5 points-4 points-3 points 3 months ago (0 children)

Narky nark.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]bbasara007 -5 points-4 points-3 points 3 months ago (0 children)

This is called a spook.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]PaintTraditional2252 -3 points-2 points-1 points 3 months ago (0 children)

Everything he talks about goes against what Bitcoin represents. It's
not a pro-war system. The fiat system already does that. He can
sugarcoat it all he wants. He's waging war with a tech that isn't
supposed to be that.

This system has been gathering momentum since Henry Ford wished it up
and was asked to back off in 1924. It just happens to be called
Bitcoin, and it doesn't need to be used like another war machine. The
US are the biggest wagers of war, period.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[+]Bitcoin_Maximalist comment score below threshold-13 points-12
points-11 points 3 months ago (4 children)

This is the highest decorated elite soldier in US history!

(/s)

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Hank___Scorpio 18 points19 points20 points 3 months ago (3 children)

It's funny when people make fun of space force because well, its space
force and funny netflix series, but then you go look at their bios and
they're all fucking rocket scientists.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]IAmTheLostBoy 7 points8 points9 points 3 months ago (0 children)

Agreed.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]PeacefullyFighting 13 points14 points15 points 3 months ago (1 child)

But trump made it so it has to be dumb

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ElectronicOcelot3251 -1 points0 points1 point 3 months ago (0 children)

What does the Space Force do that wasn't already handled by the Air Force?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]VeterinarianMain475 -3 points-2 points-1 points 3 months ago (0 children)

If there is peace he is out of a job.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]WilliamToldYouSo -3 points-2 points-1 points 3 months ago (0 children)

Sod off, you c***.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Jean_Laffitte -3 points-2 points-1 points 3 months ago (0 children)

How is this guy fellow of anything!?!

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]zuzu2020 -3 points-2 points-1 points 3 months ago (0 children)

He is a fraud don’t fall for him

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[+]Somebodyspiltthemilk comment score below threshold-9 points-8
points-7 points 3 months ago (0 children)

Why’s he all dressed up in army gear, gives me zelenski vibes

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[+]Bgugrgngegr comment score below threshold-14 points-13 points-12
points 3 months ago (6 children)

Bitcoin was created by DARPA, will be used by the Treasury soon, and
you know this because the US would of actually tried to destroy it if
not.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]backcountrydrifter 9 points10 points11 points 3 months ago (3 children)

I think you highly overestimate the effectiveness of the U.S.
government. But assuming it is or was created by DARPA, then the
incentive is to instill fairness, transparency, equality and
opportunity for everyone equally, as per the constitution that we have
allowed greed and corruption to taint over the last 40 or so years.

Either way, it’s the only life raft we have that isn’t controlled by
Xi Jinping and I really don’t want to spend the rest of my life asking
the emperor if I can take a piss

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Bgugrgngegr -2 points-1 points0 points 3 months ago (2 children)

Yeah US government is super ineffective created the atomic bomb how
many decades ago, invented the internet, hypersonic jets, NASA,
encryption technology.. sure they cant do bitcoin lmao

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]TheMoonMoth 1 point2 points3 points 3 months ago (0 children)

The US may have created the atomic bomb but they used german minds.
The internet rides on the back of British innovation (same with
encryption, thank you Alan Turing). The Chinese brought forth rocket
technology ages before the US existed.

The US is just king of taking other peoples ideas and deploying them
effectively. Bitcoin will be no different.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Termoutdoorodin 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (0 children)

If the ESG system that is currently being implemented gives a lower
credit score for using Bitcoin and companies are allowed to use ESG to
influence hiring decisions the majority of people wanting bitcoin
won’t be able to afford it.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]KAX1107[S] 2 points3 points4 points 3 months ago (0 children)

    US would of actually tried to destroy it if not

Tried and failed

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]PhotoProxima 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (0 children)

    Bitcoin was created by DARPA

Is there a "dumbest thing I've read all day" award?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Parmegia 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (0 children)

Traduction : «  please help ! Don’t leave us, please or we gonna make
you pay for that ». Falling falling falling apart

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]point-virgule 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (1 child)

Totally unrelated, but why in the US you regularly see servicemen go
arond off-base in their camo fatigues?

Over here, unless engaged in some sort of exercise or in transit, the
military has a plain dress, non camo uniform they use to move around
town.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]uuid-already-exists 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (0 children)

Honestly not sure why. We have business attire uniforms. A class B
service uniform would be perfect in this setting.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–][deleted] 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (0 children)

“Keep that in mind” I lol’d. Yeh give it another 5 years.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Rooftop720 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (0 children)

I need to list2tonthe whole thing

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]JadeAug 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (0 children)

Hey OP were you at that MIT bitcoin Expo? I was there and I was not
impressed by the amount of shitcoinery going on there. I probably
won't be back.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Bizguide 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (0 children)

All smoke is not accompanied by dangerous fire.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]zulufux999 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (0 children)

Say what you will- if the military industrial complex decides
something, it tends to happen. All they need to say is “national
security” and it’ll happen.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]LordofGrangeredditor for 3 months 0 points1 point2 points 3 months
ago (0 children)

Braw

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Harcosf 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (4 children)

Hey Bitcoin guys! I'm just an electrician with a simple but serious
question. What will happen with all of these e-coins when there is no
electricity?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Possible_Tension3728 6 points7 points8 points 3 months ago (3 children)

Same thing that will happen with all the stocks…, 401k’s etc..

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Harcosf 1 point2 points3 points 3 months ago (2 children)

I thought when you purchased a stock, you have proof of the
transaction. Even if it's just an email. You can print it out. So you
have physical proof in your hand. .

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Tdawg90 2 points3 points4 points 3 months ago (1 child)

generally nope. It's generally all held by a middle entity who can
also leverage against your stock. There's a name for that middle man,
and there's a name for the direct purchase of stock, I cant remember
off the top of my head but you can google it. The whole GameStop
debacle was really good at surfacing all of these things

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Possible_Tension3728 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (0 children)

Broker

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]corporate-citizen 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (0 children)

He obviously doesn’t agree with his civilian leadership on those
sanctions against those ‘sovereign nations.’

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Fantastic-Offer-9129 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (0 children)

After watching him talking from the start now i really have a clearer
guess who satoshi could have been

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Crypto-hercules 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (0 children)

Bit power 💪🏻✅

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]jwilson146 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (0 children)

Great speech

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ForcedLoginIsFacism 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (0 children)

That dude is very egocentric though. But you could say it’s a US role
model that will inspire a lot of old fashioned republicans.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]2ofus4adventure 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (0 children)

What happens to crypto if its supporting physical infrastructure is destroyed?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award