[ot][ot][ot][personal] whirligig small thoughts

Tue Aug 1 12:20:38 PDT 2023

>>> a wedge made of a stack of triangles, each one with area of 1/2 r^2
>>> dtheta
>>> where r is the radius of a sphere slice
>>> uhh so that's really sqrt(r^2 - x) where x runs from -r to +r
>>>
>>> two different r's here let's subscript them
>>> a wedge made of a stack of triangles
>>> each one with area of 1/2 r_slice^2 dtheta
>>> now,
>>> r_slice^2 + height^2 = r_sphere^2
>>
>> cognitive maintenance habit
>> looks like the problem happened after this point
>>
>>> so if we run x=height from -r to r
>>> r_slice = sqrt(r_sphere^2 - x^2)
>>>
>>> then maybe plug in to other expression
> [somewhere near right here we failed to include important information;
> forgot something
> important]
> [the x=height line should have retained information regarding the goal
> of integration, for the dvolume line below. it did not.
> i collect informaiton on the problem but it is hard to heal.]
>>>
>>> dvolume = 1/2 sqrt(r_sphere^2 - x^2)^2 dtheta
>>
>> and before this point
>>
>> important to drill down and find the choice that needs [more
>> neuron/decisions?] {we think a little maybe in terms of "hooks" and
>> "triggers" --
>>
>>> dvolume = 1/2(r_sphere^2 - x^2) dtheta
>>>
>>> maybe unsure

holy frack i just wrote dvolume when i still had only plugged in for
triangle area
then seemingly misinterpreted my writing as trying to integrate
something when i was just preparing to still
and possibly worked super hard to inform my mind to improve around
internal events that may not have happened
because things i was looking at, and had just done, were hidden to me