Cryptocurrency: US Pentagon Bans SOFTWAR and Jason Lowery

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 22:55:36 PDT 2023

Softwar: A Novel Theory on Power Projection and the National Strategic
Significance of Bitcoin

[–]jonesmatty 23 points24 points25 points 5 months ago (3 children)

Way to go Jason. Can't wait to read it. I've watched you develop this
theory over the years and it's spot on. Looking forward to reading the
critics and your defense of them.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ipcoffeepot -5 points-4 points-3 points 5 months ago (2 children)

He conflates sending a transaction and mining it. Fundamental misunderstanding.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]cflynn07 7 points8 points9 points 5 months ago (1 child)

source?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]XxROGUE_CommanderxX 1 point2 points3 points 17 days ago (0 children)

No source yet? I have the book and can verify pages and paragraphs LMK

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Llonga 82 points83 points84 points 5 months ago (26 children)

This is the from the guy who is advising the White House on the
importance of proof of work. One of the smartest minds on bitcoin
Twitter.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Ok_Aerie3546 21 points22 points23 points 5 months ago (13 children)

Or a spook based on your perception

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]backcountrydrifter 15 points16 points17 points 5 months ago (0 children)

Trust me when I say I know enough spooks to know that Lowery is out in
front of them.

Most of USGOV functions somewhere between the post office and the IRS.
Intelligence community is no different.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–][deleted] 5 months ago (10 children)

[deleted]

[–]Ok_Aerie3546 0 points1 point2 points 5 months ago (9 children)

Different times, different crimes.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–][deleted] 5 months ago* (8 children)

[deleted]

[–]Ok_Aerie3546 -2 points-1 points0 points 5 months ago (1 child)

I didnt call him a spook.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]teadrinkinghippie 0 points1 point2 points 5 months ago (5 children)

spy

spī

noun

One who secretly collects information concerning the enemies of a
government or group.

One who secretly collects information for a business about one or more
of its competitors.

One who secretly keeps watch on another or others.

Tell me how the above precludes him from conducting spy activities? I
have no salt in this conversation, but I do feel like you're hanging
on the definition of spy, does not actually help your argument.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–][deleted] 5 months ago* (4 children)

[deleted]

[–]teadrinkinghippie 0 points1 point2 points 5 months ago (2 children)

You have no idea what he actually being secretive about... what?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–][deleted] 5 months ago (1 child)

[deleted]

[–]teadrinkinghippie 0 points1 point2 points 5 months ago (0 children)

I think reasonable suspicion is prudent of anyone trying to convince
you of anything. I always fall back on Holmes, paraphrasing [when you
can deduce who will benefit most from a crime, you have your culprit.]

I told you already i have no salt in this discussion, i simply
observed you using the definition of spy and holding it up as evidence
he is in fact not a spy.

I dont know how much you know about the Cold War and Russia, but the
CIA liason to Russia at that time, was ultimately a Russian spy.
Aldrich Ames. Edward lee howard. (Thanks r TIL)

Im not besmirching anything by the way, i didnt say hes a spy. But
that doesnt mean hes not. Im discussing your reasoning more than i am
his honor.

Its all good man. Forget it.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Ackktually 0 points1 point2 points 5 months ago (0 children)

Most spooks don't tell you they work for the government. But idk.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Fiach_Dubh 1 point2 points3 points 5 months ago (7 children)

that's a low bar

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]pink_raya 3 points4 points5 points 5 months ago (6 children)

meh, Lowery is alright, his perspective may be in the realms of 'don't
care, bitcoin already won at that point' for many, but at the same
time it is a lot more interesting than takes of most economists and
business people.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[+]Fiach_Dubh comment score below threshold-11 points-10 points-9
points 5 months ago (5 children)

his framing of Bitcoin as violence or a weapon is inaccurate if not malicious.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Keith_Kong 14 points15 points16 points 5 months ago (0 children)

That’s a pretty simplistic framing of his argument (though
understandable given he did put that same simplistic explanation out
himself for Twitter engagement).

He’s referring to the longterm implications of global trade happening
in Bitcoin and how mining hashrate percentages in each country will
effectively act as the base wealth transfer direction between nations.

His theory that countries will compete with each other to control
hashrate makes total sense to me. Either directly or through
incentives, a country with more hashrate per capita will be subsidized
by the transaction fees of the rest of the world. We will likely see
country level subsidies aimed at expanding local hashrate to push
other countries into a loss (in an attempt to push mining out
elsewhere and control more in the long run without the ongoing
subsidy).

Lots of interesting game theory to think about and it doesn’t really
have anything to do with classifying Bitcoin as violence. If anything
he’s arguing that it’s a legitimate stand in for violence. “Economic
violence” in the sense that its “physical power projection” is all
he’s saying. It’s provocative wording.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Background_Target_80 1 point2 points3 points 5 months ago (1 child)

Kind of, he is correct that bitcoin converts energy into property defense.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Fiach_Dubh 2 points3 points4 points 5 months ago (0 children)

Non violently

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[+]KeyPhotojournalist96 comment score below threshold-8 points-7
points-6 points 5 months ago (0 children)

Correct. He’s a dirty spook.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[+]ipcoffeepot comment score below threshold-13 points-12 points-11
points 5 months ago (3 children)

He’s an idiot, cheered on by the goldbug bitcoin twitter crowd.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Llonga 9 points10 points11 points 5 months ago (0 children)

Ah, you’re a shitcoiner. Makes sense.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Correct-Log5525 2 points3 points4 points 5 months ago (1 child)

Lol, Major in the military with a graduate degree in engineering from
MIT who just wrote a 336 page thesis that is now in the top 10
bestsellers currently on Amazon within a 48 hour period.. you are the
idiot 😂

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ipcoffeepot 0 points1 point2 points 3 months ago (0 children)

no, jason wants to put bitcoin paywalls around NatSec computer
systems. he either doesnt understand how bitcoin works or is dumb.

he also hasn't defended his thesis yet. all that he's proved is that
dumb goldbugs on twitter will buy his narrative

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]kyleleblanc 23 points24 points25 points 5 months ago (2 children)

Ordered a copy early today on Amazon and it should be here Saturday!
Can't wait to read it! :)

"Bitcoin is proof of Proof-of-Work working." - Jason Lowery

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Woodstuffs 2 points3 points4 points 5 months ago (0 children)

Brought to you in part by, Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]KotzubueSailingClub 3 points4 points5 points 5 months ago (0 children)

That quote is an abortion.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]TGREEN927 25 points26 points27 points 5 months ago (1 child)

Holy cow, Lowery’s thesis is up to #25 in “Books” on Amazon, that’s
ALL books. The signal is spreading.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Emotional-Reply-505 7 points8 points9 points 5 months ago (0 children)

It’s higher now. #1 in technology, #2 in business and economy and #14 in ‘Books’

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Rajang7 20 points21 points22 points 5 months ago* (0 children)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRxc7uUqAyE&list=PL2jAZ0x9H0bSpVxVNIaTEQpWZwY2ZbjCu
YT series of interviews where Lowery talks about this work. Something
worth watching for those interested in reading the book and waiting
for cheaper prices to get it.

EDIT: Emblematic quote from the first episode:

"(phisics) unlike economics, actually works. People take a math
equation to try to describe phisical phenomenon and using that math
equation they'll land the human being on the moon.

You take the same math to try to explain some economic phenomenon and
Paul Kruger is sitting there explaining why he didn't get the
inflation thing right"

As an economist, I can awkwardly relate.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]fnetma 7 points8 points9 points 5 months ago (0 children)

Good podcast with Jason Lower, the author of the book.

https://youtu.be/ikPnr23h7qg

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]championofkingsX 8 points9 points10 points 4 months ago (2 children)

I started doing a reading of this book on youtube. I couldn't buy
books for everyone in my life, so I started reading and recording this
book because I think it is the most important piece of philosophy ever
put together. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwX6lIDM7sKtBTbspNCJvCNEk5uK47Vf0

It is a lot. Anyone that can match the low bar of quality of this
reading is welcome to contact me and contribute. I have little idea of
what I am doing, I just know I want this information in the brains of
the people I care about most.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Jolly_Treacle_9812 1 point2 points3 points 19 hours ago (0 children)

Jason has been order to take the book down! Everyone needs to grab a
copy while they can!

https://twitter.com/JasonPLowery/status/1684637080029196288

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]bccrz_ 0 points1 point2 points 2 months ago (0 children)

Awesome thanks!

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Unlikely-Swordfish28 7 points8 points9 points 5 months ago (10 children)

TLDR summary?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]benhammy 30 points31 points32 points 5 months ago (4 children)

Me, an idiot, having watched a few of his interviews: if the Bitcoin
network and its collective hashrate serves as the most secure network
on the planet, we can utilize the absolute “truth” of the network as a
state-computer. Either the transaction happened on the blockchain or
it didn’t, and that 1/0 state could be turned into a method of global
computing. Normally we want computers to be faster and cheaper. But
when you’re trying to protect important things (say, the use of US
nuclear missiles) it makes sense to use the beefiest/most secure
network to protect that information/computing even if it’s “slower”.
He talks a lot about power projection as a barrier to keep enemies
from attacking you, and this led to some semantic dustups around the
definition of a weapon and the definition of violence. But the
ultimate point being that the Bitcoin network itself has immense
importance to whatever nations can integrate the defensive power proof
of work provides, because anything else is a lot more susceptible to
hostile attacks.

I’m not smart enough to know if it’s all a big PsyOp by the american
government, but anyone who writes it off whole-cloth because they get
triggered over the words weapon or violence needs to take a deep
breath and use their brains a little bit more. Semantics matter, but
you have to be able to get past the surface level of the semantics to
understand the real thesis.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]badbilliam 7 points8 points9 points 5 months ago (0 children)

Well said. I too am not smart enough to tell what’s going on. However
I do know the ideas he puts forward in his appearances are certainly
intriguing and seem to be logically sound. I tend to lean towards that
he is indeed an asset for bitcoin moreso than a spook.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]AloneDay8829 3 points4 points5 points 5 months ago (1 child)

It makes sense. Bitcoin is an incorruptible and perfect source of
truth (as far as we know) and that has massive benefits, probably
applications will be used in the future that we can't even think of
right now

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]dag -2 points-1 points0 points 5 months ago (0 children)

Until we have giga qbit quantum computers at least ... That day will
make Y2K seem like a walk in the park.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Unlikely-Swordfish28 2 points3 points4 points 5 months ago (0 children)

Damn thanks

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[+]Fiach_Dubh comment score below threshold-14 points-13 points-12
points 5 months ago (3 children)

spook writes a book trying to frame Bitcoin as a weapon/violence for
his overlords.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]clue5tick 11 points12 points13 points 5 months ago (0 children)

I doubt that Bitcoin cares.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]topothebellcurve 2 points3 points4 points 5 months ago (0 children)

Bitcoin will certainly be used as a weapon if it doesn't fail.

Same as gold.

Same as water.

Same as tiny islands made of migratory seabird shit.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]unclepan 1 point2 points3 points 5 months ago (0 children)

FALSE: He's framing BTC as a way to protect property in the kinetic
power projection game that usually is paid for with human lives.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Sell_Houses 6 points7 points8 points 5 months ago (1 child)

Ordered my copy today. Jason is a genius and has the ear of the
current administration. Hopefully they listen

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Just1_More 0 points1 point2 points 5 months ago (0 children)

I've had a few chats with Jason on Twitter and one question I had for
him, Which country is leading the way to a BTC future?

Even with Russia promoting BTC mining recently, El Salvadors adoption,
and many other factors, Jason was aliment USA is, winning the race.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Wilynesslessness 2 points3 points4 points 5 months ago (9 children)

All I can find is paperback. When will an eReader version be available?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]garrulous_theory 11 points12 points13 points 5 months ago* (0 children)

MIT will release it for free in pdf format when he finishes his studies.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]anarchocap 6 points7 points8 points 1 month ago (4 children)

    https://filebin.net/3s1pj4v4lh68sayq
    https://file.io/QfrL87HRDiYv
    https://uploadnow.io/f/f5XNn85
    https://fastupload.io/3HCITnJ6cB8Haz3/file

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Rajang7 2 points3 points4 points 16 hours ago (0 children)

Last link worked for me.

You're a fkn legend.

Hurry up before it's taken it down, y'all

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]4tanned 1 point2 points3 points 1 month ago (0 children)

Hi! Where can I get a copy. These links are not working

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]gbalinov 0 points1 point2 points 1 month ago (0 children)

Thank you!

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]envynv123 0 points1 point2 points 12 hours ago (0 children)

Love you bro

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Fiach_Dubh 3 points4 points5 points 5 months ago (2 children)

wait for the pirated copy.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Indels 2 points3 points4 points 5 months ago (0 children)

LFG same

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]subwoofage 2 points3 points4 points 5 months ago (0 children)

Or wait for the free official PDF

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]fnetma 2 points3 points4 points 5 months ago (0 children)

Bought.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]tim3dman 1 point2 points3 points 5 months ago (0 children)

Space Force, lol!

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Jaay___Dee 1 point2 points3 points 5 months ago (7 children)

Does anyone have a PDF?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Correct_Passage_5138 1 point2 points3 points 4 months ago (0 children)

+1. $40 is excessive, and the author gets pennies per unit sold. Following.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]anarchocap 0 points1 point2 points 1 month ago (4 children)

https://filebin.net/3s1pj4v4lh68sayq

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]4tanned 0 points1 point2 points 1 month ago (3 children)

Hi! I would like to read but this link is not working. Do you have a
another link?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]anarchocap 0 points1 point2 points 1 month ago (0 children)

Try this --> https://file.io/UuFly5MyTpT6

If you've got a suggestion for a better place, let me know....its
still odd to me it's not more broadly distributed.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Jaay___Dee 0 points1 point2 points 14 days ago (0 children)

Here is the Open MIT Link
https://aul.primo.exlibrisgroup.com/discovery/delivery/01AUL\_INST:AUL/1297573990006836

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Jaay___Dee 0 points1 point2 points 14 days ago (0 children)

Open MIT LINK
https://aul.primo.exlibrisgroup.com/discovery/delivery/01AUL\_INST:AUL/1297573990006836

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]nomdeplume_alias 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago (2 children)

Dammit - I was just about to order it and now he's taken it down at
the request of Uncle Sam.

Anyone know of a PDF link for it?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]NishizumiMiho 0 points1 point2 points 14 hours ago (1 child)

I would love to know too....

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]nomdeplume_alias 0 points1 point2 points 11 hours ago (0 children)

Found it

https://aul.primo.exlibrisgroup.com/discovery/fulldisplay?context=L&vid=01AUL_INST:AUL&search_scope=MyInst_and_CI&tab=Everything&docid=alma995901882406836

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]clue5tick 5 points6 points7 points 5 months ago (15 children)

Bitcoin knows no national boundaries. Is there a reason I should read this?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]infii123 35 points36 points37 points 5 months ago (10 children)

No idea, but here's a short description.

This is a high-definition, color-printed manuscript of an academic
thesis written by Major Jason Lowery, an active-duty US Space Force
astronautical engineer and US National Defense Fellow at MIT tasked
with advising senior US military leaders about the national strategic
implications of Bitcoin. In this thesis, Lowery presents a novel
theory to the US Department of Defense that Bitcoin doesn't just
represent a peer-to-peer cash system, it also (and more importantly)
represents a new form of digital-age warfare that will transform
national security, cyber security, and possibly even the base-layer
architecture of the internet. Using scientific concepts from biology,
evolution, anthropology, political science, and computer theory,
Lowery summarizes the dynamics of power projection in human society
and provides an argument for why emerging proof-of-work technologies
(namely Bitcoin) will have a dramatic impact on how humans organize,
cooperate, and compete on a global scale by empowering populations to
project physical power in, from, and through cyberspace. Major Lowery
concludes that Bitcoin represents a national strategic imperative that
the US should support and adopt as quickly as possible, else it risks
losing its lead as a global superpower in the 21st century.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]maybeitsjustu 28 points29 points30 points 5 months ago (3 children)

You had me at "color-printed"!

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]waldoagave 4 points5 points6 points 5 months ago (0 children)

Only 29 cents young chap!

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Umpire_State_Bldg 4 points5 points6 points 5 months ago (1 child)

Dude! "High definition" color printed!

Then, special words to make it sound "scientific" and authentic:
* manuscript
* academic thesis
* Major Jason...
* US Space Force
* astronautical engineer
* US National Defense Fellow * MIT
* senior US military leaders * national strategic implications...

Who could argue against multi-syllable words like those!

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]KotzubueSailingClub 2 points3 points4 points 5 months ago (0 children)

All his creds scream the opposite of someone who'd be knowledgeable on
cryptocurrency, or currency in general.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]donmulatito 12 points13 points14 points 5 months ago (0 children)

I think he is right(pending reading the complete paper). For a long
time I have thought that the US has the most to lose from the global
adoption of bitcoin. This is because the US has enjoyed great
advantage by having its national currency used as the world reserve
currency. The US global influence over the last 100 years is closely,
if not directly tied to this advantage.

The best thing the US could do would be to be among the first global
powers to Integrate bitcoin, which probably would be painful at first,
but failing to do so timely is likely of far greater consequence.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]cliff_smiff 1 point2 points3 points 5 months ago (0 children)

If this is going to be the US' strategy, why shout it from the
rooftops all over social media and every podcast known to man?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[+]Umpire_State_Bldg comment score below threshold-6 points-5 points-4
points 5 months ago (0 children)

    it also (and more importantly) represents a new form of
digital-age warfare that will transform national security, cyber
security, and possibly even the base-layer architecture of the
internet.

What a load of rubbish.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[+]SailsAk comment score below threshold-8 points-7 points-6 points 5
months ago (2 children)

Space Force 😂

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]sweetsimplechode 3 points4 points5 points 5 months ago (1 child)

You have never heard of the United States Space Force?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Space_Force

https://www.spaceforce.mil/About-Us/About-Space-Force

https://www.spaceforce.com/about

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]SailsAk 1 point2 points3 points 5 months ago (0 children)

Yes I know it’s a thing. Those of us that serve laugh about it. They
probably laugh too.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Effective-Today4843 10 points11 points12 points 5 months ago (0 children)

If you think bitcoin will disrupt the current economic order then it's
consequences are of strategic importance to every country. So, what is
a country to do once they come to that conclusion? This paper might
offer some insights into how nations will react/should react.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]DatBuridansAss 7 points8 points9 points 5 months ago (0 children)

Neither does oil, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have major
geopolitical implications.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]MrJknowsBest 2 points3 points4 points 5 months ago (0 children)

I saw this right after it came out. Extremely interesting

https://youtu.be/Amcj-IKmGKA

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]IDoThingsOnWhims 3 points4 points5 points 5 months ago (0 children)

No. Also make sure you never read a history book. They tend to be
overly inclusive and talk about the complex interplay between many
countries, the defining political entities of our time, affecting
every single person on the planet. Avoid at all costs.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]n8dahwgg 2 points3 points4 points 5 months ago (5 children)

I cant find it for sale. Can someone help me with a link?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]etmetm 2 points3 points4 points 5 months ago (4 children)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BW358F37

Replace .com with your amazon country's top level domain ending,
chances are it can be bought there too. For Europe it's likely printed
in Poland like other book on demand offerings by Amazon.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–][deleted] 5 months ago (2 children)

[deleted]

[–]KotzubueSailingClub 6 points7 points8 points 5 months ago (1 child)

It's not even a paperback. It's a printout of the thesis. If he wrote
this as part of a government-funded fellowship, it should be public
domain. This is a cash grab.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Training-Exchange795 1 point2 points3 points 3 months ago (0 children)

350 pages of cash grabbing eh

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]n8dahwgg 1 point2 points3 points 5 months ago (0 children)

Really appreciate it!!

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]SupportUnit66 1 point2 points3 points 5 months ago (3 children)

About the guy who wrote this book, I suggest to see this video..

Bitcoin is not violence

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]benhammy 5 points6 points7 points 5 months ago (1 child)

I think Kratter is pretty sharp most days. However on this topic he’s
totally missing the point.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]SupportUnit66 2 points3 points4 points 5 months ago* (0 children)

I don know yet, but usually I'm not fan of government agents...

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]etmetm 4 points5 points6 points 5 months ago (0 children)

Maybe it's better described as a shield - shields can be used as
weapons, but primarily they are armor. The idea here is: Bitcoin is
superior to violence. When force can be used to take away your
posessions - violence is viable and will be used. When that doesn't
work, it makes more sense to mine your own Bitcoin in a peaceful
competition against others.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Top-Dragonfruit-8199 1 point2 points3 points 5 months ago (2 children)

I recommend people list to Lowery’s conversation with Marty Bent to
hear Lowery himself pitch his idea to someone like Marty who is very
very critical of his thesis. It was a great episode

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]benhammy 4 points5 points6 points 5 months ago (0 children)

It was a great episode for Lowery to explain the same idea from
several perspectives, however I was really surprised at how dense Bent
was being on the topic. I agree that Bent was critical of the thesis,
but never with any legitimate criticism, just the same vague “yeah but
Bitcoin wasn’t made for that” argument over and over.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Fiach_Dubh -4 points-3 points-2 points 5 months ago (0 children)

it was nonsensical and meandering.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]teadrinkinghippie 1 point2 points3 points 5 months ago (8 children)

Power projection huh? Can anyone explain why any of the principles of
this theory are unique to BTC? Wouldn't other large chain tokens also
provide similar benefits in regards to "cyber warfare"

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]greenmoonwine 1 point2 points3 points 5 months ago (3 children)

I haven’t read the book, but I am familiar with his thesis as per
various podcasts.

In sum, no.. because they’re not neutral money.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]teadrinkinghippie -1 points0 points1 point 5 months ago (2 children)

Is bitcoin considered neutral money? I thought a lot of Russian
oligarch money is tied up in btc. Is that not correct?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]greenmoonwine 1 point2 points3 points 5 months ago (1 child)

Yes, it is. It doesn’t matter if it or if it isn’t tied up with
Russian oligarch or anyone else. Neutral money means it has no bias as
to who can and can or use it. Bitcoin is for your enemies as much as
it is for you. It’s neutral because no one controls it.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–][deleted] 5 months ago (3 children)

[deleted]

[–]teadrinkinghippie 0 points1 point2 points 5 months ago (2 children)

I thought this might be the answer that was coming.

My rebuttal is, neither will btc chain after the mint is complete,
correct? Once there are no.more tokens, what work is there to prove?

There has already been talk of soft or hard fork to shift the token
deflationary because the viability over time is in question.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–][deleted] 5 months ago (1 child)

[deleted]

[–]teadrinkinghippie 1 point2 points3 points 5 months ago (0 children)

I was gonna say. This sounds like where we get into the theoretical
weeds. Thanks for engaging. I learned a few things.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–][deleted] -1 points0 points1 point 5 months ago (2 children)

Paperback: $59.99

Yeah I’m gonna wait this one out

Edit: nice $39.99 getting closer

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]lastusernsme 3 points4 points5 points 5 months ago (1 child)

He’s offering a free digital download I believe in the future. Perhaps
it’s already out

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Aanetz -1 points0 points1 point 5 months ago (0 children)

I just need to know if this is a buy signal

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[+]xboox comment score below threshold-8 points-7 points-6 points 5
months ago (2 children)

WTF is a Space Force?
Stormtroopers vibes

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]sweetsimplechode 8 points9 points10 points 5 months ago (0 children)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Space_Force

https://www.spaceforce.mil/About-Us/About-Space-Force

https://www.spaceforce.com/about

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–][deleted] 2 points3 points4 points 5 months ago (0 children)

It’s like the air force only with even more desk jockeys.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[+]meadowpoe comment score below threshold-7 points-6 points-5 points
5 months ago (3 children)

That guy is a FED, a spook.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–][deleted] 5 months ago* (2 children)

[deleted]

[–]meadowpoe -5 points-4 points-3 points 5 months ago (1 child)

Simp harder mate. Jason is a milker, a spook, a fed.. and dude has
literally no idea how bitcoin works or the potential of it. Get your
hear off of your arss and slay all your heroes.

Bitcoin is for enemies, stop praising these people that came out of
nowhere and are just making money with you amplifying his bs. It only
makes his soft ego bigger.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]lastdyingstar 0 points1 point2 points 5 months ago (0 children)

I hate titles that say the same shit as the post itself. What's the point?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–][deleted] 0 points1 point2 points 5 months ago (0 children)

What is the space force actually like?

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Loupland 0 points1 point2 points 5 months ago (0 children)

I'm not a proponent of calling Bitcoin a weapon. It's completely the
wrong message. It's the exact opposite of the message we've been
trying to spread.

Realise that once they can call it a weapon, they can call you a
terrorist for using it.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]lppaRetupmoc 0 points1 point2 points 5 months ago (0 children)

Bitcoin can potentially be an effective tool in the field of power
projection, since its decentralized nature allows it to operate on a
global scale. The key is to recognize its potential as a strategic
component in the national security and economic landscape. As
technology advances, Bitcoin and its underlying blockchain technology
may prove to be a powerful asset for any nation looking to gain a
competitive edge in the global marketplace.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]GodOfOdium 0 points1 point2 points 5 months ago (0 children)

Not sure why call it softwar "war"?? Why not "softfaircompetetion" or
"softpeace"

Bitcoin is hardly a war but more of a fair competition, sharing method
or a fair value method.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]VeryThicknLong 0 points1 point2 points 5 months ago (0 children)

Someone needs to learn how to kern

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]robstream 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Not available???

    embed
    save
    report