Cryptocurrency: Sam Altman's AI Worldcoin: A 1984 Abomination Upon All Humankind, MUST BE STOPPED

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 23:28:56 PDT 2023

"Your privacy is more valuable than you may realize."

Buterin Issues Warning on $22B Crypto Project From OpenAI CEO
Says Major Privacy Risks Loom
https://dailyhodl.com/2023/07/24/vitalik-buterin-issues-warning-on-22500000000-crypto-project-from-openai-ceo-says-major-privacy-risks-loom/

[–]SorrytoruinPlatinum | QC: CC 449 12 points13 points14 points 11
hours ago (1 child)

Vitalik is often right on these sort of things

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Particular_Put5007Tin | 3 months old 3 points4 points5 points 11
hours ago (0 children)

He’s more knowledgeable about crypto than me that’s for sure.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]djsimmy365 16 points17 points18 points 11 hours ago (7 children)

Sam “Altcoin Altman” can kiss my grits with his retina transplant
futuristic bunghole pump-and-dump.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]snowmichaelh 1 point2 points3 points 1 hour ago (0 children)

We had Sam BANKman, now we have Sam ALTman. Coincidence? I think not!
Ok, maybe it is, but I will rather keep my eyeballs private.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Pristine_Spinach8718Tin 1 point2 points3 points 11 hours ago* (5 children)

You don’t like your butthole being scanned before you get rug pulled?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]dAn_tHe_mAn7PM me feet pics 3 points4 points5 points 11 hours ago
(2 children)

Is that something they did in one of those orgies?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ProudBitcoinerBronze 2 points3 points4 points 11 hours ago (1 child)

Privacy risk for private parts :D

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]kirtash93The Ash Ketchum of Crypto | Gotta Catch 'Em All 0 points1
point2 points 11 hours ago (0 children)

I think SBF has been invited tl that party.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Money_Adagio_4357 0 points1 point2 points 11 hours ago (0 children)

When i was younger, i used to sit on the printer and print my *ss on
it. That's the only type of butts scan i'll allow.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]redthepotato 0 points1 point2 points 11 hours ago (0 children)

Some people here like them getting pumped and dumped.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]deckartcain 8 points9 points10 points 11 hours ago (2 children)

Why do all tech projects always have to be run by such absolute dingleberries?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]SunryzenBronze | QC: CC 23 2 points3 points4 points 9 hours ago (1 child)

There are a ton of normal people running tech projects. They just
aren't running the scams that get the headlines and net them billions
in the process.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]deckartcain 1 point2 points3 points 9 hours ago (0 children)

Probably a good point, you have to be a very certain type to want all
that attention, and it's never the nice normal ones.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]JGCheemaTin 5 points6 points7 points 11 hours ago (1 child)

Scan my balls

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]deathbyfish13Free Range Moon Farmer 2 points3 points4 points 11
hours ago (0 children)

Do you want testicular cancer? Because that's how you get testicular cancer lol

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]lookwhatumademedoo 5 points6 points7 points 11 hours ago (2 children)

This is beyond privacy, it's dystopian.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ArcosimSilver | QC: CC 51 | VET 22 | Technology 39 2 points3
points4 points 8 hours ago (0 children)

Linking extremely centralized financial assets to biometrics and
controlled by a corporation that wants to monetize everything sounds
indeed like something straight from a dystopian sci-fi movie.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ShotCryptographer523Platinum | QC: CC 237 | VET 9 0 points1 point2
points 9 hours ago (0 children)

Orwell foresaw lots of stuff today but even eyeball scanning he
couldn't imagine.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Calm-Cartographer677Cryptonaut 1 point2 points3 points 11 hours ago
(3 children)

The Daily Hodl has a real fetish for zeros

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]WineMakerBg 1 point2 points3 points 11 hours ago (0 children)

Or Editor's keyboard needs maintenance

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Pr0MeisterTin 1 point2 points3 points 11 hours ago (1 child)

Big numbers, big clicks

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]SunryzenBronze | QC: CC 23 0 points1 point2 points 9 hours ago (0 children)

BTC increases 1.000,000,000,000% overnight, shocking experts!

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Money_Adagio_4357 1 point2 points3 points 11 hours ago (1 child)

Whoever agrees on getting scanned on by this man is crazy. How can you
let another Sam ruin your life?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]SunryzenBronze | QC: CC 23 0 points1 point2 points 9 hours ago (0 children)

I personally am not concerned about getting scanned. I just have no
purpose for such a product and the token aspect is obviously a scam
designed to pump billions into the pockets of VCs and founders.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Chesteel1 1 point2 points3 points 2 hours ago (0 children)

Vitalik's warning shouldn't be taken lightly. The man has been a
pioneer in the space and his insights are often spot on. However, it's
crucial to make your own research before making any moves.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]elysiansaurusPlatinum | QC: CC 20 | CAKE 6 | r/WSB 286 1 point2
points3 points 2 hours ago (0 children)

Worldcoin of course. We all know it's very suspicious.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]forestball19Platinum | QC: CC 88 2 points3 points4 points 11 hours
ago (2 children)

Buterin has some good and valid points. However, I do miss an attack
on the whole paradigm that Sam Altman has touted: That the WorldID or
something similar, will be necessary to differentiate between whether
you’re writing with a human or an AI.

So; say that I verified with an Orb and that Reddit required Orb
login. How would anyone know whether this post was written by an AI?
Making a reader and a copy-paste script is not exactly hard for a
programmer, which I happen to be.

The entire thing stinks of a FOMO pump-and-dump, but that’s not to say
that there’s not money to be earned. Banking on other people’s lack of
understanding and poor judgment IS a thing, and I guess pretty much
how both crypto and stock markets work as a whole, when talking about
investments.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]SunryzenBronze | QC: CC 23 0 points1 point2 points 8 hours ago (1 child)

You are going in the same direction as me. Lets say we accept that
scanning eyes by a weird private organization is totally OK. The
product seems like it's ass. Let's say reddit needed an orb to log on.
And I call some admin a turd and they ban me. Now, I can never use
reddit unless I buy blackmarket eye scans. Blackmarket eye scans, to
use social media. Ok.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]forestball19Platinum | QC: CC 88 1 point2 points3 points 8 hours
ago (0 children)

How would it work if someone was in an accident that changed or
entirely wiped out their irises? How will it work for people born
without irises?

The next logical step would be DNA samples, but for some places, it’ll
probably be a huge success having people spit to enter or log in.

As for black market logins: Yes. There are so many poor people in this
world, and I’ve seen people offer up all kinds of things for $5 or
less. Buying someone’s Orb scan would be trivial.

But how about making several logins yourself, using custom lenses?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]samer109 3 points4 points5 points 11 hours ago (1 child)

    the remaining 99% of its supply is being distributed over 15 years.

Lol 🥴

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]SunryzenBronze | QC: CC 23 0 points1 point2 points 9 hours ago (0 children)

So in about 20 years, we might be able to see the token price go up!
Perfect retirement fund. Can't see anything wrong with this.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]_The_Chris_ 1 point2 points3 points 11 hours ago (0 children)

This is really distopian but also not to materialize.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]JetHeavy -1 points0 points1 point 11 hours ago (2 children)

Keep fudding it guys, I like buying cheap.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]forestball19Platinum | QC: CC 88 0 points1 point2 points 11 hours
ago (1 child)

I assume you’re a believer in WLD…? I’m curious so I’ll bite.

May I ask why you believe in this project?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]SunryzenBronze | QC: CC 23 0 points1 point2 points 8 hours ago (0 children)

I'd assume the more likely thing is that they are a troll. Of course,
they could always be a delusional bag holder already.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Itchy_Day_9691 -1 points0 points1 point 9 hours ago (4 children)

Says everyone with face id unlocking phones lol

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]SunryzenBronze | QC: CC 23 0 points1 point2 points 8 hours ago (3 children)

I literally don't know anyone who uses that feature, and it's not even
remotely similar. Face ID might as well be banana ID. The phone
doesn't care.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Emergency_Dragonfly4Tin 0 points1 point2 points 8 hours ago (2 children)

Hello, I use Face ID.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]SunryzenBronze | QC: CC 23 0 points1 point2 points 8 hours ago (1 child)

I don't know you lil bro.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Emergency_Dragonfly4Tin 0 points1 point2 points 8 hours ago (0 children)

Now you do

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]drche35Tin 0 points1 point2 points 11 hours ago (1 child)

Eli5?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]forestball19Platinum | QC: CC 88 1 point2 points3 points 11 hours
ago (0 children)

Vitalik Buterin, the inventor of Ethereum, has made some (valid)
criticisms of OpenAI CEO Sam Altman’s brand new crypto currency,
called “Worldcoin” (WLD).

This new crypto currency, listed today at Binance, is part of a
project called “World ID” in which users have their irises scanned for
a (assumed) secure ID, which Sam Altman has said is necessary in the
new world where AI is a thing.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Ninja_Gogen 0 points1 point2 points 11 hours ago (0 children)

No fucking shit. I'm staying far away from this one.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Florian995Tin 0 points1 point2 points 11 hours ago (0 children)

I would never let them scan my iris

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]coinfeeds-botApproved CC Bot 0 points1 point2 points 11 hours ago
(0 children)

tldr; Vitalik Buterin, the creator of Ethereum, has issued a warning
about Worldcoin (WLD), a new crypto project from OpenAI. Worldcoin
aims to use iris scanning technology to verify users' identities, but
Buterin has highlighted several major risks, including privacy
concerns, accessibility issues, centralization, and security risks. He
points out that the registry of iris scans could reveal sensitive
information, and there is a possibility of backdoors being added to
the system. Buterin also mentions the potential for phone hacking and
the creation of fake identities. He believes these weaknesses are
significant and need to be addressed.

This summary is auto generated by a bot and not meant to replace
reading the original article. As always, DYOR.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ORANGEblonde 0 points1 point2 points 11 hours ago (0 children)

You're telling me that allowing a crypto startup to scan my iris isn't
a good idea?! Well, I'll be damned!

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Adorable_Doubt4420 0 points1 point2 points 11 hours ago (0 children)

Scam altman

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Boddis 0 points1 point2 points 11 hours ago (0 children)

Iris scans and 3D Printing fake people - have I woke up in an Arnold
Schwarzenegger movie!?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Pr0MeisterTin 0 points1 point2 points 11 hours ago (0 children)

Invest in shades

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]hquerTin | CC critic 0 points1 point2 points 10 hours ago (0 children)

So, that Altmann made AI popular and sold it to the world just to push
a coin with i need to use to prove that I’m human?! Well well well…

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Money_Adagio_4357 0 points1 point2 points 10 hours ago (0 children)

$22.5 billion is no small chunk of change, and privacy is a huge deal
in the crypto space. This "project" is fishy af.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]SuperbCantaloupe1929 0 points1 point2 points 10 hours ago (0 children)

Here's Vitalik, our crypto-verse's Gandalf, with his 'YOU SHALL NOT
PASS' moment. Keep ignoring his warnings, and you might just find a
Balrog in your wallet

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]lj26ftPlatinum | QC: XRP 1126, CC 534 | x2x2 0 points1 point2
points 10 hours ago (0 children)

World coin is just a spin off of Ant Financials EyeVerify which is
connected to Alibaba, Wanxiang, Hashkey, Prometheum.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]azsxdcfvgSilver|QC:BTC130,ETH97,CC76|DayTrading28|TraderSubs99 0
points1 point2 points 9 hours ago (0 children)

Take your World ID and CBDC's and shove them deep in your ass.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]spacedefendBronze 0 points1 point2 points 9 hours ago (0 children)

I love when rich people fight, maybe Vitalik and Sam will announce
their cage match?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ArcosimSilver | QC: CC 51 | VET 22 | Technology 39 0 points1 point2
points 8 hours ago (0 children)

Sam Altman is the same guy who took the donation and contributions
money to Open AI, a non-profit company that aimed to develop safe open
source AIs aligned with human interests' and pivoted it into an closed
source, ultra monetized, for-profit corporation that couldn't care
less about alignment and only want to monetize every single aspect of
AI and replace all human jobs it possible can.

I'm not trusting that guy with my biometric data.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Seann27Platinum | QC: CC 272 0 points1 point2 points 6 hours ago (0 children)

Anyone with a brain can see that this is just a ridiculous cash grab

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Redfoot87Tin 0 points1 point2 points 4 hours ago (0 children)

If it gains traction we might be forced to scan our retinas by our
govt. This guy is your classic villain behind evil corporations in
Hollywood scifi movies.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]wato4000Tin 0 points1 point2 points 16 minutes ago (0 children)

Haha,

Bin that junk 🗑️

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]avance70 0 points1 point2 points 12 minutes ago (0 children)

has "WORLD" in the name, available in just 35 cities

currently ~99% of supply locked (for easier manipulation) and after
unlock, there's a planned supply inflation of ~2% yearly