[dave at farber.net: [IP] Downloading equals manufacturing.]

Dave Howe DaveHowe at gmx.co.uk
Mon Jan 30 12:02:09 PST 2006

Tyler Durden wrote:
> Hum. So if I LOOK at a video of UK soldiers getting shot, then I've
> basically done the deed myself, eh?
No, you have made a picture of the deed. if videoing soldiers being shot is
illegal, you have therefore committed a crime (it isn't; however, reuters has
found to their cost that videoing soldiers shooting unarmed prisoners can get
your reporters shot or imprisoned without trial for months...)

> That kind of thinking's going to come in handy over the next few years.
It already has - of course, with the new Terror laws just passed in the UK, they
can now hold you without charge for three months just because they want to....