Exactly what part...

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 21 07:19:09 PST 2005

Holy Shit! Did you forward this Hettinga? It actually makes sense and is
relevant!

The fact that Bush's wiretapping might be technically "illegal" is of only
marginal interest.

Remember that some of our bandits have probably been getting this level of
info through Echelon: Remember, it's not illegal for the Brits to spy on US
citizens. Receiving such info from our Limey bandits pals is probably only
marginally illegal at best.

The only thing "new" here is that there are new subgroups of bandits with
the info now obtained through conventional channels, probably more local,
and who aren't too afraid to reveal that they have it. Thus look for arrests
of various troublemakers and big-mouths whereas NSA probably woud have been
mum unless absolutely necessary, and even though only through a careful
process that didn't indicate how they got the info (thus precluding general
bigmouth roundups).

Of course, this does have some practical implications. Time to update the
hardware...

-TD