Terror Threat Level Is Raised For Key U.S. Financial Buildings

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Sun Aug 1 13:00:25 PDT 2004

At 12:00 PM 8/1/2004, R. A. Hettinga wrote:

><http://online.wsj.com/article_print/0,,SB109136672993879685,00.html>
>Terror Threat Level Is Raised For Key U.S. Financial Buildings
>Associated Press
>August 1, 2004 2:46 p.m.
>
>NEW YORK -- The federal government warned today of possible terrorist
>attacks against "iconic" financial institutions in New York City,
>Washington and Newark, N.J., saying a confluence of intelligence over the
>weekend pointed to a car or truck bomb.

In related news, Homeland Security reported that there have been
sightings of a Big Scary Wolf near the edges of Your Village.
"These aren't the usual Wolf reports - there's serious chatter
among shepherd sources and we've interrogated a bunch of sheep lately
who've confirmed that the Wolf is out there and identified a
bunch of different parts of the village where the wolf may strike next."

I'm getting really tired of the irresponsibility of the
American press reporting this stuff uncritically.