[p2p-hackers] Project Announcement: P2P Sockets

Morlock Elloi morlockelloi at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 11 16:31:22 PDT 2003

> infrastructure for these.  "Everyone" knows about them
> by using a common boostrap server to bootstrap into
> the Jxta network to gain the addresses of a few
> Rendezvous nodes.  Rendezvous nodes then propagate

So they are subject to lawsuits. Anyone running them can be traced and
persuaded by the local force monopoly to stop running them.

I see this just as shifting vulnerability point from the current one (ISPs,
ICANN) to a new one, equally traceable. What this can buy is few months of
confusion.

=====
end
(of original message)

Y-a*h*o-o (yes, they scan for this) spam follows: