patriotism considered evil

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Thu May 1 07:04:09 PDT 2003

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 09:54:21PM +0100, Adam Back wrote:
> Similar vein is the apparent overnight animosity towards the French
> who happened to take a different view.  It all comes down to this same
> blind following of leaders, and Bush's inane statements such as "if

I think I'd largely agree with you about the bias in many news outlets.

But as for the French: Well, a lot of Americans just don't like the
French, and it has nothing to do with Bush. I took a bottle of French
hard apple cider with me to a family gathering over Easter and got a
round of boos for it, even though that part of the family is pretty
evenly divided between GOP/Dems.

-Declan