My plan to deal with subpoenas to testify

Jim Choate ravage at EINSTEIN.ssz.com
Thu Dec 7 15:34:44 PST 2000

On Thu, 7 Dec 2000, Carskadden, Rush wrote:

>      I was subpoenaed to appear before federal grand jury two days ago, and
> the server was hanging out on my front porch for quite a while. I had failed
> to answer the door an hour earlier, and apparently he had just decided to
> set up camp there (cleverly out of scope of my peep hole) until I stepped
> out to go to work, which is exactly what happened. When I relayed the story
> to my boss later, he informed me that having a server camped out on my front
> porch is a perfectly good reason to call in sick. Heh. Either way, I am now
> installing a camera out there, because I have learned a lesson about the
> security of my front porch, and the effectiveness of the peep hole.

Call in sick and then stand at the window making funny faces at him and
when you get tired tell him to egress your property. If they don't leave
call the cops and report a tresspasser. A subpoena is not a search
warrant. Then at least you don't have to worry about them camping out on
your property. Also consider getting a dog. I prefer wolf hybrids because
they alert much quicker than 'domestic' dogs (there is no genetic
difference between that wolf and your chihuahua, sort of like Tims point
about 'races'. Hell, we're all black under UV). They're not very good at
confrontational sorts of things however so the odds of them actually
biting anyone are pretty low.

           Before a larger group can see the virtue of an idea, a
           smaller group must first understand it.

                                           "Stranger Suns"
                                           George Zebrowski

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com