Encrypttion API (was: PGP DLL)

David K. Merriman merriman at metronet.com
Fri Nov 25 08:48:05 PST 1994

>On Wed, 16 Nov 1994, David K. Merriman wrote:
>
>> If it helps any, there is a collection of encryption routines in .dll format
>> on sable.ox.ac.uk - they're in a file called wincrdll.zip. The zip file
>> includes the .dlls, source code, and brief explanatory text. The routines
>> are DES, IDEA, MD5, and an MD5 variant the author is calling MDC (?).
>
>I got the name MDC from the original posting of the method by Phil Karn
>to sci.crypt a number of years ago and it seemed sensible to retain it.
>Just a small point.

I stand corrected, and my apologies for any slight I may have inadvertently
caused. :-)
It's a nice collection, and very convenient, in any case.

Dave Merriman
Finger merriman at feenix.metronet.com for PGP public key and fingerprint.
PGP encrypted Email welcome, encouraged, and preferred.
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution
inevitable."  John F. Kennedy