Tue Mar 12 16:21:12 PDT 2024

notes “becoming yourself”, miller

> 1716
- you do not need to actually have alters or insiders to form internal
communication!
- i’m not aware of ever being raised meanly, but the following from the
book seemed to resonate: “We were raised by people who liked kids to obey
and liked to hurt kids. But those people aren't around any more. We don't
have to follow their rules. We don't have to agree with them any more. We
can make up our own rules. We can change our rules any time we want.”
maybe change “raised” and “kids” to more general terms? but also remember
(bad boss group) called us a “child” because we weren’t indoctrinated and
described indoctrination as “growing up” [it might be most grounding to
include that in the expression, karl.]
1720