1984: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 22:41:59 PST 2024

Name Redacted
@NameRedacted247
Feb 25
1. 🧵Google & Meta function as extensions of the US Intelligence
Community. With Jacqueline Lopour, Google's Head of Trust & Safety,
and Aaron Berman, Meta's Head of Elections Content/Misinformation
Policy, both being career CIA officers, it underscores the CIA's
substantial control over online censorship. Why is this CIA-Big Tech
revolving door, where career CIA officers wield power to censor &
decide what misinformation is, purposefully suppressed in the broader
conversation about censorship? Why are career CIA officers like
Jacqueline Lopour & Nick Rossmann, who both have a history of
spreading misinformation & promoting the RussiaGate conspiracy theory,
now in senior roles in Trust & Safety at Google, deciding what is
misinformation & overseeing content moderation? The cumulative number
of former Intelligence Community personnel hired by Meta & Google
since 2018 is staggering. Before 2018, there were only a handful. Here
are the combined hires by both companies: CIA-36 FBI-68 NSA-44
DHS/CISA-68 State Dept-86 DOD-121
Elon Musk
@elonmusk
Feb 22
I just typed in a Google query on my phone and the top two choices are
pro censorship!
405
5,093
755
9,843
0
Michael Shellenberger
@shellenberger
Feb 25
“If they get into our space first, we own them for life.” — William Evanina, CIA