Morning Spam

Undiscussed Groomed for Male Slavery, One Victim of Many gmkarl+brainwashingandfuckingupthehackerslaves at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 09:02:46 PST 2024

On Tue, Feb 6, 2024 at 20:30 Undiscussed Groomed for Male Slavery, One
wrote:

> i'm trying to get myself with a phone again and have hit some snags.
> a month or so ago data stopped working on my hpp-l55b, so i took an
> image, reflashed it, tried to sort it out.
> with a fresh OS it still didn't work. my next plan was to try other
> phones with the same sim and see if it had data on them.
> it took me a while to do this due to psychology.
> today, i've dedicated a night to working on it, and brought a second
> phone of the same model to a library.
> it turns out the new phone was likely made for german distribution,
> all the text looks german after first boot.
> strangely, i can't connect mtkclient or even the official mediatek
> sp_flash_tool to it! maybe they are us-regional? they give an error
> code of 0 and a corrupt number on connect.
> i also can't connect my old phone to these flash tools either. it no
> longer shows as a serial port when i connect it. maybe the
> initialization code got corrupt in an interrupted flash? maybe a virus
> in my system disabled it?
>
> i have more of these phones. next i suppose i'd try one that isn't from
> germany.
>
> it's discouraging my old phone doesn't show up. i really wanted to
> troubleshoot the data issue, and without the phone to test i don't
> know whether it just starts working again, or if it was because of the
> specific phone.

i eventually remembered that i originally figured this out utilizing
resources that were dedicated to helping with generic situations like this.
i’m thinking i can try hovatek.com to sort these things out and am excited
to do so.