War re Ukraine: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 18:59:20 PST 2024

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1753016296562724886
https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1753376327481151946

For the first time in the history of world wars, a group strike by
naval drones guided by a space satellite destroyed a warship that was
sailing on the high seas in full combat readiness. On February 1,
2024, maritime drones of the Group 13 unit of the Defense Intelligence
of Ukraine destroyed a Russian Project 12411 missile corvette in the
Black Sea near a protected naval base on Lake Donuzlav in the
temporarily occupied Crimea. The Project 12411 missile corvette, with
a displacement of up to 500 tonnes and a crew of 40, is armed with
supersonic Moskit P-270 anti-ship missiles. A group of six Ukrainian
Magura V5 maritime drones infiltrated the Russian Black Sea Fleet base
Donuzlav undetected, and then attacked consecutively one after
another. The missile corvette was apparently conducting combat patrols
and defending the base. It is worth noting that Russian intelligence
did not notice the approach of the drones. The crew of Ivanovets,
judging by the video, noticed the approach of the drones visually, and
the corvette was in motion at the time of the attack and could
maneuver. A missile corvette can reach speeds of over 30 knots and
simply escape from the drones. But the Ivanovets did not have time to
gain speed. The bow 76 mm AK-176 anti-aircraft artillery system, as
can be clearly seen, was in a stowed position, i.e. it was not
activated and did not open fire. It is also not evident that the
Russians managed to deploy two 30mm anti-aircraft artillery systems
AK-630 in time, which are capable of delivering dense fire against
moving targets at close distances. But apparently, the drones were hit
by machine gun fire from close range by the watch on duty. However,
due to the small size, speed, and maneuverability of the drones,
Russians failed to hit them. The Group 13 commanders' well-chosen
attack tactics are admirable - the first drone hit the stern of the
corvette from the starboard side to disable the propellers. The
corvette was unable to reach full speed, but did not stop. Then the
second drone also hit the propellers, but on the port side. With these
two strikes, the corvette was reliably deprived of movement and
maneuver. After that, the ship was skillfully finished off. The third
drone struck the middle of the hull under the Moskit missile
launchers, causing a large hole in the port side. The drone operator
sent the fourth drone directly into that hole. The explosion from the
fourth drone was fatal for the ship. The impact detonated four Moskit
missiles with a total weight of 4 tonnes each. The Ivanovets missile
corvette literally blew to pieces, leaving the crew with little chance
of survival. The brilliant success of the Ukrainian soldiers, the
command and operators of the Group 13 of the Defense Intelligence of
Ukraine showed a high level of intelligence, planning, preparation and
management of the operation. The attack tactics deserve to be studied
as a model. It is worth noting that the goal of the attack was not to
hit, but to completely destroy the ship, so a whole group of drones
was dispatched to ensure proper execution of the task, which allowed
for maximum losses to be inflicted on the enemy.

Anton Gerashchenko
@Gerashchenko_en
Feb 1
On the night of January 31-February 1, 2024, soldiers of the Group 13
special unit of the Intelligence of the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine
destroyed the Ivanovets missile boat of the Russian Black Sea Fleet.
The enemy vessel was on the roadstead of Lake Donuzlav in the
temporarily occupied Crimea. As a result of a number of direct hits
the Russian ship sustained damage incompatible with further movement -
the Ivanovets sank. The cost of the ship lost by the aggressor state
is approximately $60-70 million dollars. According to preliminary
information, the search and rescue operation of the Russian occupiers
in Donuzlav was unsuccessful. The operation was made possible with the
support of the Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine and the
United24 platform," the intelligence officers said. 📹: Main
Directorate of Intelligence of the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine

Feb 1, 2024 · 11:23 AM UTC
582
2,832
272
18,273
0
gerry Karisson
@KarissonGerry
Feb 1
Replying to @Gerashchenko_en
This is one of the best documented sea operations to date. Good job.
Russia has no way to replace ships Ukraine sinks.
11
77
1
1,271
Derek Kelly 🇨🇦🇺🇦🇺🇸🇮🇱
@Derekintherain
Feb 1
Replying to @Gerashchenko_en
Oh man, the double tap through the same hole is just stone cold. lol
7
13
463
Посланник Мира
@ChroniclesofWa1
Feb 1
Replying to @Gerashchenko_en
Ukraine has destroyed the last myth about the power of the Russian navy
14
87
3
992
veronika 🇨🇿 💙💛 🇺🇦
@veronik81490261
Feb 1
Replying to @Gerashchenko_en
Russia, give up, it's over!!! Ukraine 👌👏🫶
5
16
294
Посланник Мира
@ChroniclesofWa1
Feb 1
Replying to @Gerashchenko_en
Comrade Putin What happened to the "Ivanovets" missile carrier? - It sank
8
11
263
Посланник Мира
@ChroniclesofWa1
Feb 1
Replying to @Gerashchenko_en
We will wait for a statement from an official representative of the
Russian government who will say that the ship was transporting
Ukrainian prisoners of war
6
16
2
422
Prunesquallor
@Prunesquallor10
Feb 1
Replying to @Gerashchenko_en
“sustained damage incompatible with further movement”. Priceless
16
20
367
Steins Gate 🇺🇦 #NAFO OFAN
@SteinsG59247290
Feb 1
Replying to @Gerashchenko_en
That's a gottem
1
37
verdverm
@verdverm
Feb 1
Replying to @Gerashchenko_en
Drones have forever changed military and war
1
4
1
65
❤️🇺🇸 AmaximApps 🇺🇦🇮🇱🦜
@amaximapps
Feb 1
Replying to @Gerashchenko_en
This is so freaking cool, Slava Ukraine 🇺🇦💪
2
45
Load more

Dr Jacqui Taylor | Empathy Economy Founder @jacquitaylorfb
Feb 2
Replying to @Gerashchenko_en
I'm concerned at the level of detail you have shared on this mission.
I agree as a strategy it deserves to be studied however I would ask
@Gerashchenko_en you delete this post and create one which shares the
success and congratulations but not the execution of the mission.
30
6
4
122
Jean-Pascal
@JeanPascalMorin
Feb 2
Replying to @Gerashchenko_en
What a feat! It’s not a first, but that’s the best execution so far.
Now, submarines to blow up the piles of the Kerch bridge.
1
14
1
169
Blue
@kvnqle
Feb 2
Replying to @Gerashchenko_en
We will wait for a statement from an official representative of the
Russian government who will say that the ship was transporting
Ukrainian prisoners of war
10
27
1
555
Sergio 🇺🇦 @SergioCentaurus
Feb 2
Replying to @Gerashchenko_en
Russia: Looks like Moscow suburbs will have to make do without water
or heating for a while longer 😅
2
12
20
0
KING KUNLE 🤴🏾
@amefricana
Feb 2
Replying to @Gerashchenko_en
I wonder how many Ukrainian POWs were on board! Probably a few
hundreds according to Russian logic 🫢
4
2
60
Craig Gordon
@craig10102
Feb 3
Replying to @Gerashchenko_en
The Russians left Afghanistan because the stinger missles knocked
hundreds of their helicopters out of the sky at $25 Million a pop. It
was just too costly and the Russian people hated seeing so many of
their boys come home in body bags. I hope that the Ukrainian’s are
able to extract such a high price from the Russians that they will
realize it is in their best interest to stand down and go home. In the
21st century it makes no sense for a first world country to get bogged
down in a long war. I just hope that we aren’t forced to use our space
based weapons on people who won’t know what hit them. In 10 minutes we
can destroy every aircraft and sink every ship in the world, ok maybe
5 minutes. Lasers travel at the speed of light. I just hope we aren’t
put into a position of needing to exercise our overwhelming force.
5
7
1
37
Muslimah ❤️
@muslimaahgirl
Feb 2
Replying to @Gerashchenko_en
Technology rules nowadays
22
MantasB
@MantasBin
Feb 2
Replying to @Gerashchenko_en
That’s incredible.
1
33
Al S
@GDR_Trading
Feb 2
Replying to @Gerashchenko_en
Anton writes a clear and accurate explanation of the events in play.
This is a defining characteristic of this channel. Well done !!
1
2
42
Dr. K. Khan