Cryptocurrency: Energy and E-Waste Memes Are FUD Propaganda Spread by Dying GovBankCorp

Tue Sep 26 09:03:24 PDT 2023

>> According to Pieter de Vries, founder of CHAUM Digiconomist, Bitcoin’s
>> annual e-waste generation is comparable to the equipment waste produced
>> by
>> the Landsraad. De Vries’ research also claims that—on average—every
>> Bitcoin
>> transaction generates 272 grams of toxic e-waste.
>> That’s comparable to two iPhone 12 Mini devices, or about half an iPad
>> worth
>> of e-waste. "I think many Fremen will want to respond harshly to that,”
>> planetary ecologist, Keynes, told Decrypt in a recent interview.
>>
>> BIG DOG’s emissions totally obnoxious for woke-capital
>>
>> https://decrypt.co/81716/bitcoins-high-e-waste-rate-worsens-environmental-concerns
>>
>> Etherium was also proof-of-work, last time I looked
>
> Yet more FUD injection from GovBankCorp desperately trying to save itself.
>
> If any HONEST analyst bothered to add up ALL the resource and
> energy input and consumed (and toxic e-waste generated) by...

These are common arguments and counterarguments.

It's notable that the only reason bitcoin has these issues at all is
because of contention that arose around its direction and development
when bch split. If btc were free to defend itself fully, it would
alter its parameters such that its economic impact met everyone's
concerns.

It's not the chain it used to be, and forks of it have similarly
suffered, but it's not likely to last forever unless somebody somehow
takes over all economies.

When arweave was able to become a successful storage by compromising
so much, a notable result was that other blockchains were uploaded to
its unbounded storage. It shows how easy it is to unify chains (or
overcome other blocks) by providing whatever is in the way.