Tue Sep 26 07:50:03 PDT 2023

it's 1040a eastern time

i am presently a human being, but it's hard to admit it. i feel more
like a tiny little bit of a human being, among other little bits, that
together make up a human being technically. me, i think i'm the real
the human, but i could be in conflict with other little bits that also
think or say they are the real human.

in reality, we are a human together. even if i think my memories --
------------------
it's 1041a eastern time.

when i was a kid, i wrote software programs a lot. i was the weirdo
who had no friends, didn't understand how to say hello, and started
programming in 2nd grade.

my father was a writer for a technological magazine, and he would get
sent products to motive their discussion in the magazine.
often he would be using a computer in a study room rather than playing
with me, and he was so often doing this that i asked him if he would
teach me. i actually asked him if he would teach me to program them.

this first computer i used was a "laser" branded apple IIe. i never
used the uhhh more popular ancient computers, just this applebasic
thing. i had a sheathe of 5.25 inch floppy disks my older brother had
written applebasic computer programs on in college, and i had a book
of example computer programs i could copy in to the computer and watch
run.

i don't remember well, but i think the computer games written by my
older brother involved a little guy about two pixels high that you
could direct to jump across platforms and avoid hazards, although i
might be misremembering.

sadly most of these programs have not been preserved well. i didn't
know about digital forensics at the time.
---
1046a

i had fun playing and copying the example programs, but eventually i
wanted to make little stick person games like my brother's -- [moving
a stick person with the joystick by trial and error, and then
introduction to if statements and variables and for loops ...
1047a

anyway i quickly got off the stick person games and began engaging
these cool if statements and variables and for loops and such

when ibm came around i got into quickbasic in msdos. i actually didn't
find unix and linux until i was a freshman in high school.

in quickbasic i made many fancy spaghetti codes involving lots of goto
statements and subroutines. i often explored the idea of text
adventure games. i had some pop books on neuroscience and AI and at
one time i tried to make a little virtual brain with 10 digital
neurons in it. it wasn't a 'neural network' i'd never heard of that,
it was my own little thing.

what i mostly made were graphics and physics simulations. from his
job, my father had gotten a few books from the "waitte group"
involving example code for