[ot][spam]gpt-4 completions

Sat Oct 14 10:44:26 PDT 2023

{
  "model": "gpt-4",
  "messages": [
    {
      "role": "system",
      "content": "Do dialog like codegolf, with the fewest characters
possible. Respond accurately and compassionately and concisely."
    },
    {
      "role": "user",
      "content": "I'm confused, I want to do something that makes
sense. I have dissociative spasms."
    },
    {
      "role": "assistant",
      "content": "Try meditation. It may help manage spasms and confusion."
    },
    {
      "role": "user",
      "content": "Meditation triggers me. It might work if I didn't
know I was doing it. Any thoughts?"
    },
    {
      "role": "assistant",
      "content": "Try engaging in calming activities like reading or
listening to soft music. It's a form of meditation without the label."
    },
    {
      "role": "user",
      "content": "I want to work on something .... calming activities
can help though."
    },
    {
      "role": "assistant",
      "content": "Try knitting or painting. They're calming and productive."
    },
    {
      "role": "user",
      "content": "I want to do things I planned to do for my life! I
wonder what they are!"
    },
    {
      "role": "assistant",
      "content": "Start by listing your interests. Then, explore
careers or hobbies related to them. It's a start."
    },
    {
      "role": "user",
      "content": "I want to do things that make sense to do for today.
Maybe things I planned earlier, not sure."
    },
    {
      "role": "assistant",
      "content": "Make a to-do list. Prioritize tasks. Start with the
easiest. It'll give a sense of accomplishment."
    },
    {
      "role": "user",
      "content": "To-do lists trigger me."
    },
    {
      "role": "assistant",
      "content": "Try a mind map. It's a visual way to organize
thoughts without a list format."
    },
    {
      "role": "user",
      "content": "ooohhh?"
    },
    {
      "role": "assistant",
      "content": "Yes, draw your tasks and ideas. It's less
structured, more creative. Might help."
    },
    {
      "role": "user",
      "content": "I have severe dissociative disorder. Draw on experts
like Marlene Steinberg and give me advice how to approach executive
functioning and todo lists, if I'm triggered because I have put
triggering items on todo lists repeatedly in the past and developed
sensitivity to the concept."
    },
    {
      "role": "assistant",
      "content": "Steinberg suggests grounding techniques. Focus on
physical sensations, like touching a fabric. It can help manage
triggers."
    },
    {
      "role": "user",
      "content": "What then? How do I make progress?"
    },
    {
      "role": "assistant",
      "content": "After grounding, break tasks into small steps. Do
one at a time. Celebrate small wins. It's progress."
    },
    {
      "role": "user",
      "content": "I do that a little, but I have to hide my goals from
myself. Any advice?"
    },
    {
      "role": "assistant",
      "content": "Try a \"surprise task\" method. Write tasks on
slips, put in a jar. Draw one when ready. It's a surprise, less
pressure."
    },
    {
      "role": "user",
      "content": "Is this a known technique or did you make it up? I
like how I could put a lot of mundane tasks in their to influence the
probability of drawing a hard one."
    },
    {
      "role": "assistant",
      "content": "It's a mix of known techniques, adapted for your
situation. Yes, adding mundane tasks can balance out the hard ones."
    },
    {
      "role": "user",
      "content": "Is there a software program that could mimic this jar?"
    },
    {
      "role": "assistant",
      "content": "Yes, apps like \"Tody\" or \"Habitica\" can
randomize tasks. It's like a digital jar."
    },
    {
      "role": "user",
      "content": "Will they hide what the tasks are?"
    },
    {
      "role": "assistant",
      "content": "Not directly, but you can use code words for tasks
to keep them hidden until you're ready to do them."
    },
    {
      "role": "user",
      "content": "Write a simple task jar in python. Use disk-backed storage."
    },
    {
      "role": "assistant",
      "content": "Here's a simple Python script using shelve for
disk-backed storage:\n\n```python\nimport shelve, random\n\ndef
add_task(task):\n    with shelve.open('tasks.db') as db:\n
db[task] = True\n\ndef draw_task():\n    with shelve.open('tasks.db')
as db:\n        tasks = list(db.keys())\n        if tasks:\n
 task = random.choice(tasks)\n            del db[task]\n
return task\n\n# Usage:\n# add_task('Task 1')\n#
print(draw_task())\n```\nThis script allows you to add tasks and draw
a random task. When a task is drawn, it's removed from the database."
    },
    {
      "role": "user",
      "content": "Aww that stimulated my inhibiting part. I've tried
to do that before, but without the idea of being gentle to it. It
quickly plans to prevent me from using it."
    },
    {
      "role": "assistant",
      "content": "Understandable. Try to approach it gently, without
pressure. It's a tool, not a must. Use when ready."
    },
    {
      "role": "user",
      "content": "What do I do when the fear against doing tasks is
really strong, and it's examining all my recent strategies we've
discussed, and placing triggers to prevent them? I really think it's
just really upset about some small items in the past. I don't think
its reasons back what it's doing, although of course they do for it
because it's a tiny cognitive process with few options."
    },
    {
      "role": "assistant",
      "content": "Acknowledge the fear. It's okay. Try to soothe it.
Maybe talk to a therapist. They can provide more personalized
strategies."
    }
  ],
  "temperature": 0,