Cryptocurrency: Sam Altman's AI Worldcoin: A 1984 Abomination Upon All Humankind, MUST BE STOPPED

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 22:37:16 PDT 2023

Buterin rightly goes off against Altman's WorldCoin...

Shut down worldcoin

Worldcoin Has 'Major Issues' and Will Take Years to Work, Vitalik Buterin Warns
https://decrypt.co/149772/worldcoin-has-major-issues-will-take-years-work-vitalik-buterin-warns

[–]Dull-Wear-3286 12 points13 points14 points 16 hours ago (3 children)

Tech wise i don't know but the tokenomics is as shitty as it could be.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]samer109 7 points8 points9 points 15 hours ago (0 children)

99% to be released over the next 15 years. Lol

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]TheGiftOf_JerichoPlatinum | QC: CC 831 | ADA 5 2 points3 points4
points 15 hours ago (0 children)

I looked into it, definitely agree, can't say it interests me.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]j0hnwith0utnet 1 point2 points3 points 15 hours ago (0 children)

I'm here for gains, totally out.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Sad-Struggle7797Tin 25 points26 points27 points 16 hours ago (11 children)

Worldcoin: Open Eyeball today, Open RearHole tomorrow.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Ayoblink 2 points3 points4 points 14 hours ago (0 children)

If only, their team was this fucking creative, holy shit lmao

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]djsimmy365 4 points5 points6 points 16 hours ago (5 children)

What a motto for Altcoin Altman’s retina research pump-and-dump

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Silence-Samurai8357 4 points5 points6 points 16 hours ago (4 children)

Altcoin Altman's token belongs in the bin

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]kirtash93The Ash Ketchum of Crypto | Gotta Catch 'Em All 2 points3
points4 points 16 hours ago (3 children)

I am ready to show them my dark eye.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]cryotosenseiPlatinum | QC: CC 42 1 point2 points3 points 14 hours
ago (0 children)

And middle finger

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Pristine_Spinach8718Tin 1 point2 points3 points 16 hours ago (1 child)

Tokenomics of this project is an absolute disaster. Only a matter of
time before this project implodes and people are holding the bag.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]itbedeef 0 points1 point2 points 15 hours ago (0 children)

Not to mention ones iris CHANGES over ones lifetime; how dystopian and
unscientific can that be??

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]btnmoon 0 points1 point2 points 15 hours ago (0 children)

So pump and pump and pump and dump?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ice_blade_sorc 0 points1 point2 points 15 hours ago (0 children)

in through eye socket, out through butthole?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]National_Range6369 0 points1 point2 points 15 hours ago (0 children)

Sounds tempting.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]strongkhalSilver | QC: CC 84 | CRO 64 | ExchSubs 64 0 points1
point2 points 15 hours ago (0 children)

Oh no you didn't

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]blauerblumentopfPlatinum | QC: CC 222 6 points7 points8 points 16
hours ago (0 children)

Vitalik says it´s a shitcoin, do whatever you want with that

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Ayoblink 6 points7 points8 points 14 hours ago (0 children)

Worldcoin seems to be nothing but a disaster in its infancy,
apparently only 1% of supply has been released and by the marketcap of
100% supply, it would be a top 10.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]SimplyShredSilver | QC: BTC 53, CC 35 | CelsiusNet. 31 | r/WSB 11 4
points5 points6 points 16 hours ago (0 children)

Belongs in the bin

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]coinfeeds-botApproved CC Bot 4 points5 points6 points 16 hours ago
(0 children)

tldr; Ethereum co-founder Vitalik Buterin has warned that Worldcoin, a
company offering a "digital passport" to prove human identity, has
major issues and will take years to work. Buterin expressed concerns
about privacy, accessibility, centralization, and security in relation
to Worldcoin's proof-of-personhood system. He highlighted the
potential capture of sensitive data through iris scanning, the limited
availability of the necessary hardware devices, the risk of government
coercion, the possibility of malicious activity, and the generation of
fake identities. Buterin suggested that Worldcoin should collaborate
with other projects to address these concerns. He acknowledged the
challenges of building a robust system and emphasized the need for
careful development. Worldcoin has not yet responded to Buterin's
comments.

This summary is auto generated by a bot and not meant to replace
reading the original article. As always, DYOR.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]sebikunSilver | QC: BTC 258, CC 205, OMG 89 | ADA 94 | Onions 12 2
points3 points4 points 16 hours ago (1 child)

First issue: scanning eyes!

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]CheetahSmooth4353 2 points3 points4 points 12 hours ago (0 children)

It makes me uncomfortable just thinking about it

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Invest07723Silver | QC: CC 304 | BANANO 44 5 points6 points7 points
16 hours ago (3 children)

I'm not scanning my eyeball.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]GoonzooPlatinum | QC: CC 55 3 points4 points5 points 16 hours ago
(2 children)

Mind volunteering any other balls? (͡ ͡° ͜ つ ͡͡°)

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Invest07723Silver | QC: CC 304 | BANANO 44 0 points1 point2 points
3 hours ago (0 children)

Hard pass. Lol

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]pojut[S] 4 points5 points6 points 16 hours ago (0 children)

People: "I don't trust the government!"

Also People: "Please take my biometrics, cryptodaddy!"

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]SorrytoruinPlatinum | QC: CC 449 2 points3 points4 points 16 hours
ago (3 children)

Bet this is a rug pull

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]lordciders 0 points1 point2 points 16 hours ago (0 children)

A coordinated one at that. I feel bad for those who will lose their money.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]SunryzenBronze | QC: CC 23 0 points1 point2 points 16 hours ago (0 children)

I am confident it is not a rug pull. I am confident it's just an
excuse to bleed investors dry of billions and eventually buy out the
intellectual property with a different company (open AI). So fraud,
yes, but not technically a rug.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]TheGiftOf_JerichoPlatinum | QC: CC 831 | ADA 5 0 points1 point2
points 15 hours ago (0 children)

Either way I don't see it as worth the investment personally, poor
tokenomics and all.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]actuatorsif5 1 point2 points3 points 16 hours ago (0 children)

Will take years to work? That's a long time to wait for a project
that's already been eyeballing you.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Real_Concept_4289Tin | CC critic 0 points1 point2 points 16 hours
ago (2 children)

I honestly think this token is just one that’ll just fade and die off.
It’s gonna get as much money as possible for the top dogs, then
everyone else is gonna get dumped on

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]HereticLaserHaggis 1 point2 points3 points 16 hours ago (0 children)

It's not really structured so that any individual can profit.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]TheGiftOf_JerichoPlatinum | QC: CC 831 | ADA 5 0 points1 point2
points 15 hours ago (0 children)

Most likely, had a pump at the start but never reaches that high again
after the dump.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]yaykaboomPlatinum | QC: CC 20 | Apple 23 -1 points0 points1 point
16 hours ago (0 children)

As much as im not a fan of worldcoin but eth took years to work too.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ClippTube -1 points0 points1 point 16 hours ago (1 child)

ICP price action all over again

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]NarcissistSlayer 2 points3 points4 points 15 hours ago (0 children)

You can thank SBF and FTX for that price action.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]callotts 0 points1 point2 points 16 hours ago (1 child)

Wonder how much a fake iris would sell for

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]SunryzenBronze | QC: CC 23 1 point2 points3 points 16 hours ago (0 children)

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]MindTheMindForMind 0 points1 point2 points 16 hours ago (0 children)

Imagine fake iris and fake face = face ID acquired ✔️

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]infested33Analyst 0 points1 point2 points 16 hours ago (0 children)

Good. If it also did not work at all even better.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]bingorunner 0 points1 point2 points 16 hours ago (0 children)

Probably being used as a quick pump by traders right now. But does
anyone like it’s overall plan of trying to harvest retinal scans
globally?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]alaminul950 0 points1 point2 points 16 hours ago (0 children)

Then dump

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]avance70 0 points1 point2 points 16 hours ago (0 children)

"The latest figures from Worldcoin suggest 1,500 Orbs will be
available in 35 global cities as the year progresses—helping the total
number of weekly registrations surge from 40,000 people a week to
200,000."

it will only take 750 years to get all people on board

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Maleficent_Sound_919Tin 0 points1 point2 points 16 hours ago (0 children)

Major issues + major token supply

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Mariahausfrau 0 points1 point2 points 15 hours ago (0 children)

When is the next world eyeball cup? Is it held also in Doha?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]DMugreIn Satoshi we trust 0 points1 point2 points 15 hours ago (0 children)

I don't use exchanges because they wanna see my ID, why the hell would
I want to get my iris scanned lmao

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]CleynnTin 0 points1 point2 points 15 hours ago (0 children)

Hopefully people listen to Vitalik before mindlessly investing on
this, hopefully...

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Rickyb69uTin | CRO 8 | Politics 27 0 points1 point2 points 15 hours
ago (0 children)

Another junk token then?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]T2LVBronze | QC: CC 19 | CRO 14 | ExchSubs 14 0 points1 point2
points 15 hours ago (0 children)

This already gives me future “don’t drop the soap” vibes.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]--leockl--Tin | CelsiusNet. 7 0 points1 point2 points 15 hours ago
(0 children)

This Worldcoin project feels like Sam missed out on the last crypto
bull run due to busy working on ChatGPT and now that ChatGPT is
released, he wants a piece of the pie in the crypto space, so shopped
around for a project and found this.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Dazzling_Marzipan474Platinum | QC: CC 26 | ADA 6 | ExchSubs 14 0
points1 point2 points 15 hours ago (0 children)

Isn't this the pot calling the kettle black?

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]strongkhalSilver | QC: CC 84 | CRO 64 | ExchSubs 64 0 points1
point2 points 15 hours ago (0 children)

Enough time to dump it and throw it in the garbage, Dan including

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Creative_Ad7831 0 points1 point2 points 14 hours ago (0 children)

It will disappear before they fix the issues

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]videoflyguy 0 points1 point2 points 14 hours ago (0 children)

How about it has 'Major Issues' and never works? This coin is
extremely invasive privacy-wise and I'm never going to use it.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]middlemangv 0 points1 point2 points 14 hours ago (0 children)

I care for security. I know that I can't afford myself privacy and
security 100% but I kinda want to avoid this.

Even Vitalik pointed out security issues.

Security. Users' phones could be hacked, users could be coerced into
scanning their irises while showing a public key that belongs to
someone else, and there is the possibility of 3D-printing "fake
people" that can pass the iris scan and get World IDs.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]searchingtruth1Tin 0 points1 point2 points 14 hours ago (0 children)

Ill stick with my drivers license...hope this junk coin burns.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]ancheli 0 points1 point2 points 14 hours ago (0 children)

idk why but I always trust this guys. I hope he sleeps well at night 😫

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]IthinkwereparkedmanPlatinum | QC: CC 382, DOT 15 0 points1 point2
points 13 hours ago (0 children)

In no way am I defending this world coin shit, of which I haven't even
bothered to look into, but....

Ethereum is nigh on 10 years old and according to their devs, still
years away from what they want it to actually be.

Glass houses and all that. I know his loyal hordes won't like it but it's true.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–][deleted] 13 hours ago (1 child)

[removed]

[–]AutoModerator[M] 0 points1 point2 points 13 hours ago (0 children)

Your comment was automatically removed because you linked to an
external subreddit without using an NP subdomain for no-participation
mode. When linking to external subreddits, please change the subdomain
from https://www.reddit.com to https://np.reddit.com. This simple
change substantially reduces brigading.

NOTE: The AutoModerator will not reapprove your content if you fix a
URL. However, if it was a post which had considerable activity in its
comment section, you can message the modmail to request manual
reapproval. If it was a comment, just make a new comment.

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please
contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or
concerns.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]soundingdemoTin | 4 months old 0 points1 point2 points 12 hours ago
(0 children)

Vitalik rarely criticizes other projects, when he does it's serious.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Extension-Release558 0 points1 point2 points 12 hours ago (0 children)

Years? This will never work

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]Stiltzkinn 0 points1 point2 points 12 hours ago (0 children)

Only Vitalik can warn about one of Sam Altams dystopian scams.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]masstransiencePlatinum | QC: CC 25 | LRC 7 | Politics 118 0 points1
point2 points 12 hours ago (0 children)

Still curious how this would function long term as eyes physically can
change during a person’s lifetime.

    embed
    save
    report
    give award
    reply

[–]badfishbeefcake 0 points1 point2 points 11 hours ago (0 children)

I would invest in something called "World coin" or "One coin"