Fri Jul 7 18:26:47 PDT 2023

On 7/7/23, Undescribed Horrific Abuse, One Victim & Survivor of Many
<gmkarl at gmail.com> wrote:
> regarding focus on a tree rather than a prompt, we might imagine
> instead some form kf access or memory present in the system. a robot
> for example might travel near important information, or pursue a step
> toward a goal, or an agent might be in or not in a state where a goal
> is already partly met

the tree is roughly the decision tree i think which i have
somewhat-mysterious-inhibition around. it can go different spots.

for example if we are playing tictactoe and want to win, we might
consider all the different moves we might make. this list of moves
forms the second row of a tree of parts of the world being considered,
kinda maybe rooted in what is certainly known about the present moment
which has only one option. then for each of those move states we
consider other things such as what the other player might do, or how
judgements apply to the move based on things known … … at some point
in this considering we form judgement or find states where the game is
won or lost.

regions or possibilities in the tree where the game is lost fail to
meet the goal of winning the game and consideration is no longer
proceeded there and the areas need no longer be held in memory, it’s
maybe important to remove them to ensure they are properly nonincluded
during furhter c9nsideration (like an assertion check), assuming they
can always be reconsidered to rebuild the same data

meanwhile regions or possibilities where the game is won meet the goal
of winning the game. the tree can be considered a planning structure
for meeting this goal, finding a path from the present moment to the
goal, start8ng from the present moment for efficient information
access if there is time pressure

i imagine it can also be quite useful to start in the middle
especially in large spaces, this might assume something is known about
usual ways of meeting the goal in the environment, or at the end if
more is known at the end, and it’s nice to imagine including all three
in some way, unsure. basically new information might crop up anywhere
i suppose.

it’s interesting to think of probabilistic information on various
areas being summaries or guesses of hidden expansions in detail