Thu Dec 7 20:09:01 PST 2023

once upon a time
2204

comets in space chatter abou.

2204

language models are being made of layers. people talk mostly about the
attention part of a layer. the attention layer has keys, queries, values.
it takes incoming numbers called log probabilities or such and reorganizes
them into heads. each head i think participates separately in the
interactions with the keys, queries, and values.

the input into an attention kernel is of the form of a batch of sequences
of vectors of these numbers. each batch is processed [strong disagreement
rises, maybe rooted in my brief observation of accumulation during training
[regarding whether batches are independent] it’s a cognitive disruption
habit, invasive experience.

these invasive experiences are clustered for me, they aren’t all caused by
the same things but their causes are near each other. how much they engage
relates to my state of mind on a multi-day timescale. they engage much more
when i trigger myself in certain patterns, and go away if i protect myself
sufficiently (internally) from a larger set of patterns [this is classified
private information >(

2208

2208

whoopsness maybe. 2208