Wed Aug 30 07:34:37 PDT 2023

mind control boss approaches engineers

mind control boss: “for the next episode of my show i was thinking of
approaching some introductory concept of an esoteric math topic,
something simple enough for me to understand, and just laughing and
laughing uproariously about it.”

engineer stares at mind control boss.

mind control boss: “because the rebel researchers were mind
controlling me to be stupid, but kept messing up and throwing research
concepts in, so i kind of might end up like a drunk student, you
know?”

engineer stares at mind control boss.

mind control boss stares at engineer.

engineer: “how about eigenvectors and eigenvalues?”

[note: big mistake label present somewhere]

mind control boss: “eigenvectors and eigenvalues?”

wikipedia [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eigenvalues_and_eigenvectors]:
“ In [[linear algebra]], an '''eigenvector'''
({{IPAc-en|ˈ|aɪ|g|ə|n|ˌ|v|ɛ|k|t|ər}}) or '''characteristic vector'''
of a [[Linear map|linear transformation]] is a nonzero [[Vector
space|vector]] that changes at most by a [[Scalar
(mathematics)|constant factor]] when that linear transformation is
applied to it. The corresponding '''eigenvalue''', often represented
by <math>\lambda</math>, is the multiplying factor.”

mind control boss stares at definition of eigenvectors and eigenvalues.

mind control boss: “this is hard to read.”