Libertarians oppose fascism like Trotskyists opposed Stalinism

professor rat pro2rat at yahoo.com.au
Tue Nov 9 13:02:48 PST 2021

Libertarians oppose fascism like Trotskyists opposed Stalinism

https://www.thedailybeast.com/thiel-crony-blake-master-publicly-disses-best-man-collin-wedel-in-spat-over-vaccines

 major help from Thiel. The billionaire has fundraised for his protégé and put $10 million into a Super PAC supporting him.

Masters first got to know the Paypal founder after taking a class he taught at Stanford Law School. (He and Wedel sat next to each other.) Masters and Thiel later teamed to write the bestselling book Zero to One, which was based on the class.

Wedel says the pair’s affinity made natural sense. “Blake has always been, since I first knew him, very libertarian,” he said.

Even in sixth grade, when he and Masters became friends, the political leanings were obvious.

“His parents would give me rides in their car home for basketball practice… They were always listening to Michael Savage on the radio,” Wedel said. Later, “[Masters] gave me copies of Ayn Rand books and Ludwig von Mises essays and books about the gold standard.”