List Status

Greg Newby gbnewby at pglaf.org
Tue May 25 14:39:53 PDT 2021

On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 02:04:58PM -0300, juan wrote:
> On Tue, 25 May 2021 09:48:20 -0700
> Greg Newby <gbnewby at pglaf.org> wrote:
>

> > None of this is nefarious or specific to cpunks. Other than the change mentioned to remove the blacklists from Spamassassin, all of this stuff is out-of-the-box with Ubuntu.
>

> 	Well, out-of-the-box ubuntu censors cock.li, which I would describe as nefarious. And it means that bona fide users of ubuntu end up unwillingly censoring cock.li. Which looks nefarious to me as well =P

I don't think that's accurate, otherwise the censorship would have been happening earlier.

The mechanism that blocked the cock.li domain is the blacklist.

Spamassassin is a separate project than Ubuntu, which loads the blacklists by default.

The blacklists are, in turn, separate projects.

Personally, as mentioned earlier, I am not a fan of blacklists. They are too easy to get on, and too difficult to get off of. They seem to have close to no ability to respond to reports of false positives (i.e., when a domain ends up on a blacklist, but should not be).

Good riddance to the blacklists for the cpunks list!
  ~ Greg