bantering with punk was Re: What advantage does Signal protocol have over basic public key encryption?

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 04:21:37 PST 2021

>> 	I'm not sure how people who are not part of the company can fix those
>> problems? Apart from using the software to run a different service I
>> guess.
>
> Signal isn't run by a company, but rather a nonprofit.  It's an open
> source project where a huge portion of the development effort is from
> community work.  2,149 accepted changes from random online
> contributers:
> https://github.com/signalapp/Signal-Android/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aclosed
>  (that number may be a little high because unaccepted contributions
> are included in that page too, but i keep clicking different pages and
> i only see acceptance (PR merging) of every suggested change, over and
> over again.)

Uhh ... I'm now seeing a lot of pull requests that are not marked as
accepted and merged, but have comments indicating they were, like
https://github.com/signalapp/Signal-Android/pull/9090 which says
"thanks for merging" but github does not report it as merged.  So,
please take a screenshot and visit the contributor in person to
compare, since it's incredibly hard for me to.  There are a _lot_ of
PR's with this attribute right now.