[politics][death][peace] Speaking With Fear

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Sat Nov 21 15:25:40 PST 2020

On 2020-11-19 19:02, Karl wrote:
> Zenaan, when I speak with you about this, I am very scared.  I worry about
> such people dying, very much, and see it happening around us every year.

I have actually spent time with indigenous third world peoples a long
way from civilization.

They desperately want pumps, solar powered battery lighting, etcetera,
but have trouble paying for it because the transport between them and
the nearest civilized town is difficult, and because merchant property
rights are insecure, making it difficult for them to earn a living and
to buy anything when they have any money, which they generally do not.

(They also tend to drink far too much alcohol, which their metabolisms
cannot handle as well as white people can.)

You don't know any actual indigenous people, and you don't give a shit
whether they live or die.

When someone cares about strangers he has never met, in a place he
cannot find on the map, it is usually an excuse for betraying friends
and abandoning kin.