wikipedia article deleted by [Wikipedia editors] - also disappears from archive.org

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at rushpost.com
Tue Jul 2 15:26:03 PDT 2019

On 7/2/19 17:04, Punk wrote:
> the wikipedia page https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicol%C3%A1s_Mor%C3%A1s has been deleted by [Wikipedia editors]. The page was something like 7 years old.

It looks like it was deleted after a discussion. I don't know enough
Spanish and lack the patience to try and figure out exactly what the
discussion was about and the exact rationale for deletion.

> NOW, it get as a LOT MORE interesting.  Turns out that archive.org has only ONE snapshot for a page that's ~7 years old.
>
> http://web.archive.org/web/20190604153028/https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicol%C3%A1s_Mor%C3%A1s

I wouldn't expect archive.org to try and mirror Wikipedia like another
website. Periodic database dumps, perhaps, but the way Wikipedia is set
up, it would load down the site for something like archive.org to try
and take periodic snapshots via the HTTP interface.

--
http://www.rantroulette.com
http://www.skqrecordquest.com