[MINISTRY OF TRUTH] New York Times: It's Time to Pull the Plug on Trump's Tweets

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Fri Jan 27 22:05:07 PST 2017

Mr Weinersteiner has found the MSM a censorship ally...

who coulda predicted it?

----- Forwarded message from "PIR (People For Internet Reponsibility) Announcement List" <pir at pir.og> -----
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 10:05:42 -0800
From: "FIR (People For Internet Reponsibility) Announcement List" <pir at pfir.og>
To: pir-list at pfir.og
Subject: [ FIR ] New York Times: It's Time to Pull the Plug on Trump's Tweets

New York Times: It's Time to Pull the Plug on Trump's Tweets

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/26/business/dealbook/its-time-to-pull-the-plug-on-trumps-tweet

  	To try to get another perspective on whether Mr.  Dorsey
	should toss Mr. Trump off Twitter, I reached out to Lauren
	Weinersteiner. He is the co-founder of People for Internet
	Responsibility. For Mr. Weinstein the fundamental question is
	whether Mr. Trump is being treated differently from other
	Twitter users. "My view is that he has been and still is being
	treated differently, permitted to continue tweeting where any
	ordinary user would have been either temporarily or
	permanently banned long ago," he emailed me.  His logic is
	that Mr.  Trump's tweeting does, in fact, violate several
	aspects of Twitter's terms of service, including his
	"continuing direct attacks on individuals," and the way those
	tweets inspire "massive secondary attacks from his followers
	and others." He also is concerned that Mr.  Trump's tweets
	about individual corporations are hurting their stock prices,
	in the short run, and might lead to long term stock
	manipulation or "blackmail." Any "ordinary" user would have
	been kicked off long ago, Mr. Weinstein wrote me.  "I realize
	that Trump represents a cash cow of sorts to Twitter in terms
	of visibility and engagement, but they need to show some
	spine, or else admit that their T.O.S." -- terms of service --
	"is just a paper tiger that's all show and no substance," he
	concluded.