[Cryptography] Proof that the NSA does not have a quantum computer capable of attacking public key crypto (yet)

Sean Lynch seanl at literati.org
Thu Feb 11 11:29:40 PST 2016

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 9:03 PM grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:

> Question is... will the new generation of leaksphere...
> wikileaks, anonymous, darknets, the poitras / greenwalds,
> ecuadors, technology, ethos, philosophy, rockstar, etc...
> begin to elicit cracks in that?

I certainly hope so, though it only really matters if their capabilities
are beyond what the general public already believes them to be. In the
realm of their pure crypto/cryptanalysis operations, there may not be much
going on that's unexpected or even unethical. That stuff may happen in the
social engineering department, e.g. the RSA bribe, which we found out
about.