U.S. in violation of Geneva convention?

J.A. Terranson measl at mfn.org
Thu Dec 18 17:09:03 PST 2003

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003, Jim Dixon wrote:

<huge snip>

> The evidence points to deep ties between Russia, France, and Iraq that
> goes back decades, plus somewhat weaker ties to China and Germany.
> Relations between the US and Baath-controlled Iraq were bad from the
> beginning; American bodies dangling from ropes in Baghdad were not
> the beginning of a great romance.

And all of this is meaningless: we simply had no right to invade a foreign,
*sovereign* nation.

--
Yours,
J.A. Terranson
sysadmin at mfn.org

"Unbridled nationalism, as distinguished from a sane and legitimate
patriotism, must give way to a wider loyalty, to the love of humanity as a
whole. Bah'u'llh's statement is: "The earth is but one country, and mankind
its citizens."

The Promise of World Peace
http://www.us.bahai.org/interactive/pdaFiles/pwp.htm