Manhattan Mid-Afternoon

Lucky Green shamrock at cypherpunks.to
Tue Sep 11 19:34:14 PDT 2001

Sunder wrote:
--------------
What pisses me off is that these fuckers managed to hiijack four planes by
using nothing but knives.  How the fuck could a bunch of guys do
that?  Nobody fought back?  Nobody charged at them?
[...]
If they had any sense, they'd have everyone on the plane carry guns.  The
second anyone tried anything, everyone would be able to stop them in
seconds.
--------------

Which of course represents the crux of the issue. The passengers aboard the
aircraft, the workers in the towers, and the emergency personnel on the
ground are dead for two reasons: the US unreasonably meddling in other
People's affairs until they crack, and the extremist gun control measures in
place in the US today, preventing law-abiding citizens from carrying the
firearm of their choice aboard a commercial aircraft. Who could deny that a
few citizens armed with their personal handguns could have stopped two or
three of guys armed with mere box cutters?

The nasty truth is that the tragic events of the day were to a large degree
caused by the victim disarmament policies of Diane Feinstein, Sarah Brady,
Chuck Schumer, and the many, many local, state, and federal proponents of
gun control. I hope they are happy. Not that I have any doubt that they will
be delighted, since today's tragedy will undoubtedly give them additional
excuses to turn more of us into helpless victims, ready to fall prey to
crazies with box cutters and politicians with a pathological desire to feel
"needed".

The public will applaud. ... Or will it this time?

--Lucky