possession of brown sugar and envelopes illegal ?

keyser-soze at hushmail.com keyser-soze at hushmail.com
Sat Oct 13 23:32:12 PDT 2001

At 10:12 PM 10/13/2001 -0700, Morlock Elloi wrote:

>I wonder how long will the anthrax hysteria last. Repetitive stimulation yields
diminished response over time. This is not to say that there is no danger - but
perception of danger seldom has any relation to danger itself.

>The only way to protect from living organisms used as weapons (after all - life
is a weapon) in the long run is immunity. Sooner or later any small determined
group will be able to create some bug. I see no way that government can stop
this - it's like trying to stop crypto or C coding. Will not happen.

>Maybe the high density living that we are so used to is incompatible with new
weapons. Maybe societal structures based on projectile-throwing weaponry are
passe. New weapons always changed rules, and it was called progress.

Points driven well home by Davidson and Rees-Mogg, "The Sovereign Individual" and Jared Diamond, "Guns, Germs and Steel."