Shooting down 'Bandit Satellites'

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Thu Mar 1 18:34:30 PST 2001

On Thu, 1 Mar 2001, atek3 wrote:

> the nazi's were using silver instead of platinum in their WWII experimental
> jets, and some jet packs use H2O2 and silver as their power source.  and
> given the difference in price, silver is a bargain.

<shrug>

> but i think your main problem would be H2O2.  The stuff used in rockets is
> 100%, in english we call it an explosive oxidizer.  A spill of 35% H2O2 will
> bleach your skin faster than you can say fuck, 100% is just nuts.
> Producing it is a bitch too.  This isn't ur average fermentation of ethanol.
> to make h2o2 you have to aquire a few questionable chemicals, such as
> 2-pentyl-anthraquinone.  Not to mention you need pure hydrogen and oxygen.
> Also there dangers in raising the concentration from working 40% to
> dangerous but useful 100%.

Yep, it's not something for kiddies, old ladies, or the weak of heart.
It's corrosiveness (not to mention build of O2 as 2H202 breaks down into
02 + 2H20) can be problematic. Consider the reaction of say regular
mechanic rags and diesel and some grades of grease under enhanced O2
conditions. It's the reason I stated a few weeks was the maximum 'hold
time'. After that metals, plastics, rubbers, etc. start to come apart.

Actually you can make H2O2 using electricity also. It's a natural
byproduct of the ionization of saturated air by lightning. Lab setups
could be built using Tesla types of technology. You also get a lot of
ozone. I don't know if anyone has ever worked with liquid ozone as an
oxidizer (hmmm????).

I'd probably use a more conventional, perhaps surplus, airframe as the
booster.

Of course another alternative is Liquid Oxygen and Gasoline/Diesel.

           Before a larger group can see the virtue of an idea, a
           smaller group must first understand it.

                                           "Stranger Suns"
                                           George Zebrowski

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com