Formal apology (RE: Crypto McCarthyism ...thoughts, gentlemen?)

Aimee Farr aimee.farr at pobox.com
Sat Feb 10 20:16:01 PST 2001

> Dear Aimee,
>
> If you're serious about asking for advice or insight, I'd self-censor
> the snide comments.
>
> This group doesn't like pointy questions? To the contrary, it thrives
> on them.
>
> -Declan

Declan, I appreciate your bringing this matter to my attention. My sincere
apologies to both you, the cypherpunk community and subscribers. My comments
were tongue-in-cheek, a friendly remark regarding Choate's stealth-linkage,
and his remarks toward women's undergarments, which I found humorous. My
comment in regard to "pointy questions" was an attempt to give any
respondents a wide berth in their replies, in recognition of the fact I
could be asking the wrong questions, and was receptive of any insight. It
was also a reference the number of mysterious queries that flow across the
list. My reference to Gentlemen was also not meant disrespectfully, but as a
subtle query.

Nevertheless, I came across as abrasive and offended members of this forum.
_Ladies_ & Gentlemen, you have my apologies for both my breach of decorum
and disrespect. Such was certainly not my intention. I stand firmly
reprimanded for my hasteful correspondence: [SUBJ: CRYPTO
McCARTHYISM...THOUGHTS, GENTLEMEN?]

You all have my admiration and respect, which is why I posed my questions to
this distinguished group. (I am preparing to debate these issues in a
private and hostile forum against experienced opposition. With a few notable
exceptions, like Declan, certain viewpoints and experiences are
under-represented in traditional source banks.)

Excuse my long-windedness. I am trying to convey my intent and sincerity,
and make a public, searchable record of my disrepute, my Declan-bitchslap
and my apology; not to make excuses for my inappropriate, and inexcusable
behavior.

Most sincerely,

mailto:aimee.farr at pobox.com
Aimee E. Farr