Wed Mar 20 18:12:41 PDT 2024

> tomorrow is the first day of the ISSTD conference. i'm signed up for
> the dissociation 101 course.
> it's intense for us because so many people could be impacted (and it's
> so confusing to understand what is and what is relevant and so) and we
> don't know how to include people appropriately (when there is so much
> potential need (and we are so new and confused))(... more :-?

it's very hard to navigate traffick boss wrt holding responsibility T_T
but there is (some celebration around (having a small success)) (in
face of usually traffick boss causing severe harm to identified
situations of responsibility)

here is course materials
Abstract:
For many, when venturing into the world of trauma and dissociation,
there is a great deal of mystery and misinformation. Within academic
and clinical setting there is little to no education on the field’s
theoretical foundations and history. This workshop is intended for
students, emerging professionals and experienced practitioners who are
interested in learning about the fundamentals of dissociation as a
distinct response to trauma. The premise of this workshop is to cover
essential information regarding dissociation and the dissociative
disorders field. This course will cover:
1) Theories of trauma and dissociation
2) The impact of the false memory "wars"
3) Finer details of current dissociative models
4) Breakdown of the dissociative disorders
5) Neurobiology of trauma and dissociation
6) Assessment and evaluation
7) Current treatments

This workshop is designed to demystify dissociation and provide
participants with a broad-based understanding of it as a response to
overwhelming stress.

Timed Outline:
90 Minutes - Aetiology
30 Minutes - Break
90 Minutes - Diagnosis
90 Minutes - Break
90 Minutes - Models of dissociation
30 Minutes - Break
75 Minutes - Treatment
15 Minutes - Q&A

Learning Objectives:

At the conclusion of this session participants will be able to:

Discuss the importance of a solid theoretical foundation regarding
dissociative experiences
Explain the importance of understanding the historical back ground of
the dissociative field in working with this population in the greater
mental health fields
Identify neurobiological information to assist with their clinical and
educational experiences
Recognize between complex trauma, post traumatic stress disorders and
dissociative disorders
Describe the dissociative process in order to assist their confidence
in working with complex clinical populations

slides: https://c36a7b585371cb8e876b-385db121fa2b55910fed97d2d3aaf4f8.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.com//2569280-139670-001.pdf

handout: https://c36a7b585371cb8e876b-385db121fa2b55910fed97d2d3aaf4f8.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.com//H-2569280-139670-1-001.pdf

sha256sums:
024d1877c47e9d07e02c5b219668f272ca3d54b19cb1e1bc17b65538a1a3a0d5
Dissociation-101-slides-2569280-139670-001.pdf91899b537ab9c44738ceb69d5ee9500b4e71aaedafd1e8d8e2817227e72a9cf6
 Dissociation-101-handout-H-2569280-139670-1-001.pdf

not attaching because slides are 13MB, maybe i'll try later and see if
they bounce or something