Cold beer and strong crypto

pro2rat at yahoo.com.au pro2rat at yahoo.com.au
Sun Mar 10 15:59:24 PDT 2024

Ely’s folk sing-around at a pub in Somerset.
I sing there occasionally and imagine a pub-based social-ecological revolution. Many of the traditional tunes sung are very grounded in ecology and the seasons, with a deep understanding of farming (the old way) —or else they tell of tragic events that have befallen common folk through the ages, where an oppressive class system often features in the background.
I reflect that all sorts congregate in pubs. What ground could we find for anti-authoritarian crisis organising, for drawing power back from the centre?
 The beauty of pub-based organising could be when we get it wrong; we can put it down to the drink and try again next week. AGs can meet in pubs if everyone is alright with it. Just be careful who’s watching or listening.

I don’t want to detract from what anyone is doing to fight against all forms of authoritarianism and capitalism and to fight for life and a reasonable standard of living for everyone. Nevertheless, maybe the good fight is best framed as a social-ecological one, where every oppressed human is understood in the context of a damaged local ecology, and every thoughtlessly ripped up plant or killed animal is understood as the result of human hierarchies. This is a conversation that we could continue down the pub.
 Urgently. Mine’s a real ale or cider. Cheers.

FROM. . .

https://www.anarchistnews.org/content/we-need-plethora-tactics

Nein. Nein. Nein. Nein. Nein ( endorsement of drunken bullshit )