Why did JPMorgan buy First Republic Bank

Gunnar Larson g at xny.io
Sun Jan 21 05:15:28 PST 2024

xNY.io - Bank.org is pricing this crypto RICO at $10B.

What they did to us at First Republic has nothing to do with the hush money
situation. Honestly, they let Gunnar Larson speak his mind and I appreciate
the Cypherpunks list for that utility.

Anyhow, I heard the NY-DFS Superintendent banks at First Republic too.
Small world!

----
https://www.marketplace.org/2023/05/01/for-jpmorgan-loss-sharing-sweetened-its-deal-to-buy-first-republic-bank/

JPMorgan won that auction, and it's paying a cool $10.6 billion for the
bank, but not without some guarantees. JP Morgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon said
the deal to rescue First Republic only modestly benefits his bank.