Cryptocurrency: US SEC Gov Approves Bitcoin ETFs Amid Epic Shamefest, Crypto WINS !

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 21:45:33 PST 2024

X Confirms 'Bitcoin ETF' Breach Was Not Of Any Of Its Systems, SEC
Failed To Use 2-Factor Authentication On Phone

And the hits keep coming for the SEC.

https://x.com/Safety/status/1744924042681897343

With fingers being pointed and blame being apportioned for the SEC
screw-up, X's Safety team have provided a rather awkward statement on
the results of their probe of the breach.

    We can confirm that the account @SECGov was compromised and we
have completed a preliminary investigation.

    Based on our investigation, the compromise was not due to any
breach of X’s systems, but rather due to an unidentified individual
obtaining control over a phone number associated with the @SECGov
account through a third party.

    We can also confirm that the account did not have two-factor
authentication enabled at the time the account was compromised.

    We encourage all users to enable this extra layer of security.

And there it is, just as the mainstream establishment would have loved
to blame Elon Musk, or X, it turns out the world's leading securities
regulator was incapable of utilizing two-factor authentication on an
account that by all standards can be extremely market-moving in its
capabilities.

One thing to keep in mind if you're considering listening to
@GaryGensler and the @SECGov: these cartoons can't even keep their
twitter/X account safe.