FOIL #2022-090560 Appeal (Apple Card Records)

Gunnar Larson g at xny.io
Wed Feb 14 00:40:32 PST 2024

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Gunnar Larson <g at xny.io>
To: "Tomczak, Christine (DFS)" <christine.tomczak at dfs.ny.gov>
Cc: "Harris, Adrienne A (DFS)" <Adrienne.Harris at dfs.ny.gov>,
letitia.james at ag.ny.gov, "Reader, Shaun" <sreader at curtis.com>, "Dean, Peter
C (DFS)" <Peter.Dean at dfs.ny.gov>, cypherpunks at cpunks.org
Bcc:
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 12:07:11 -0500
Subject: Re: FOIL #2022-090560 Appeal (Apple Card Records)

Dear Ms. Tomczak:

Concerning the Apple Card records mentioned in your letter dated July 25,
2023, today xNY.io - Bank.org kindly seeks an update on this important
matter.

Mitigating all risk, we do not want the Apple Card scenario to further
complicate excess D&O matters at xNY.io - Bank.org. As I understand it, the
Eastern District of New York has a deferred agreement with Apple Card that
NY-DFS' character and fitness guidelines require xNY.io - Bank.org to
respect.

We are not exactly sure on the deferred agreement's expiration date, it may
have been within the last two weeks. If the date has expired, xNY.io -
Bank.org would need NY- DFS to further facilitate a copy of correspondence
with the Eastern District of New York, given the nature of federal and
international law expressed by the deferred agreement (fun fact, I was a
founding producer of the UN's Audio Visual Library of International Law).

Does NY-DFS have an update on the Apple Card concern?

If not, can you please provide xNY.io - Bank.org confirmation that NY-DFS
has communicated with the Eastern District of New York and that we are not
party to the deferred agreement's scope of influence by EOD tomorrow,
February 14, 2024?

Thank you,

Gunnar

--