Fwd: Open FOIL NY Request From : Gunnar Larson : Genesis Global Trading Inc. BitLicense Seizure Records

Gunnar Larson g at xny.io
Mon Feb 5 13:08:45 PST 2024

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Pruitt, Kimberly (DHR) <Kimberly.Pruitt2 at dhr.ny.gov>
Date: Mon, Feb 5, 2024, 3:08 PM
Subject: RE: Open FOIL NY Request From : Gunnar Larson : Genesis Global
Trading Inc. BitLicense Seizure Records
To: G at xny.io <G at xny.io>
Cc: dhr.dl.foil <foil at dhr.ny.gov>

Dear Mr. Larson:

Pursuant to your request, please see the attachment.

*Kimberly Pruitt*

She/Her/Mrs. *(What is this? <https://pronouns.org/she-her>)*

Office Assistant 1

*New York State Division of Human Rights*

One Fordham Plaza, 4th Floor, Bronx, NY 10458

(718) 741-8400 (Phone) | (718) 741-8279 (Fax)

*Kimberly.Pruitt2 at dhr.ny.gov <Kimberly.Pruitt2 at dhr.ny.gov>*

www.dhr.ny.gov

February 5, 2024

via email: G at xny.io

Gunnar Larson

xNY.io – Bank.org

New York, NY 10001

Dear Mr. Larson:

The Division is in receipt of your Freedom of Information Law (FOIL)
request, received

by the Division on January 13, 2024, in which you requested a copy of the
following:

Genesis Global Trading Inc. BitLicense Seizure Records

Dear Madam or Sir: xNY.io - Bank.org seeks access to any and all

records concerning the New York State Department of Financial

Services (DFS) investigation of Genesis Global Trading, Inc.

(“Genesis Global Trading”) leading to seizure of the firm's

BitLicense. Additionally, xNY.io - Bank.org seeks access to

records that explain DFS' calculated $8 million penalty to New

York State for compliance failures that violated DFS’s virtual

currency and cybersecurity regulations and left the company

vulnerable to illicit activity and cybersecurity threats. xNY.io -

Bank.org notes DFS has recently published other BitLicense

penalties of $100M and $30M. As such, we aim to review

accessible records in congruence with Genesis' $8M penalty.

xNY.io - Bank.org seeks records that indicate any human rights

violations part of the compliance failures that violated DFS’s

virtual currency and cybersecurity regulations and left the

company vulnerable to illicit activity and cybersecurity threats.

Finally, xNY.io - Bank.org seeks any and all STX records

associated with the Genesis investigation.

After a diligent search of the Division’s Case Management System, the
Division found no

records responsive to your request.

Any person denied access to a requested record may, within thirty (30) days
of the denial,

appeal the denial in writing by mail or fax to Caroline J. Downey, General
Counsel, N.Y.S.

Division of Human Rights, One Fordham Plaza, 4th Floor, Bronx, New York
10458.

Very truly yours,

Siaka Paasewe

FOIL Officer