Cryptocurrency: Energy and E-Waste Memes Are FUD Propaganda Spread by Dying GovBankCorp

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 11:36:56 PDT 2023

On 6/27/23, grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:
> Forbes in 1999 saying that the internet is terrible because it uses so
> much power. Sounds familiar?
>
> https://www.forbes.com/forbes/1999/0531/6311070a.html
>
> All global banking, central banks, govts, their useless staff etc,
> all still use far more than crypto ever will. Shut them down.

Cryptocurrency is slowly invalidating and bankrupting all those
inefficient energy wasting corrupt entities, ftw.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-miners-focus-on-efficiency-renewable-energy-at-world-digital-mining-summit

https://www.bitmain.com/news-detail/the-world-digital-mining-summit-singapore-2023-will-soon-begin-gathering-new-momentum-in-the-global-mining-industry-269

MINING ⛏️Bitcoin miners double down on efficiency and renewable energy
at the World Digital Mining Summit (cointelegraph.com)

[–]CreepToeCurrentSea 19 points20 points21 points 1 day ago* (24 children)

>From being called an enemy to mother Earth to being one of the top
clean energy market users in the space.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]SuccotashWorth9201 9 points10 points11 points 1 day ago (7 children)

Breaking down barriers from the grass roots, you got to love the
crypto mining community for leading the way with renewable energy.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Calm-Cartographer677 7 points8 points9 points 1 day ago (6 children)

Renewable energy is cheaper than other energy sources, so it makes
sense that miners use it in order to stay profitable.

With the halving coming up, I would say that the use of renewables
will increase even further in the mining community, as it'll be even
more difficult to be able to mine profitably with the block reward
decreasing.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]SuccotashWorth9201 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago (0 children)

True that, but miners are gonna mine until the last halving and that
means devolping the miners to also be faster and more efficient for
less wattage also.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Lillica_Golden_SHIB 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Exactly my thoughts. The shift for renewables is a natural one
considering the cost of mining will probably keep increasing. Reducing
costs is inevitable for survival.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]denserthanblackhole 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Finally -1 argument against bitcoin.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]kirtash93 3 points4 points5 points 1 day ago (1 child)

Making Bitcoin mining 100% green energy would be a good kick in the
balls to all the fuders. It still consume a lot but it also pushing
green energy infrastructure creation. Its a circular economy.

Really excited for the future.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Lillica_Golden_SHIB 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago (0 children)

I wonder what excuse they would come up with this time. We've just
crossed the 50% threshold of renewable energy, maybe it won't take
much for us to see a leap towards 60%, 70%.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Every_Hunt_160 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago (0 children)

    Renewable energy is cheaper than other energy sources, so it makes
sense that miners use it in order to stay profitable.

For real, it's not like miners have some sort of noble agenda to push
renewable energy.

Bitcoin miners will always gravitate to the cheapest energy because
the bottom line is always the number 1 priority. And thankfully for a
good number of nations, renewable energy is now cheaper than 'dirty'
energy.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]TNGSystems 7 points8 points9 points 1 day ago (4 children)

I mean yeah but it’s not producing energy for others to use. I support
BTC but there’s no escaping the fact that clean energy used to mine
BTC can be better used elsewhere.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]endless_ness 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago (0 children)

A company using green energy does not limit another company from using
green energy in the same region.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Lillica_Golden_SHIB 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Totally agree, that's why I think we need more and more adoption for
people to realize the value proposition of BTC as to make mining even
more important as to justify even more the energy it consumes. The
more renewable energy it uses, the better - crossing 50% usage is
quite of a milestone and hopefully it won't take long for these
numbers to increase (I hope).

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Hawke64 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago (1 child)

Shhh... you are not supposed to say the quiet part out loud

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]CreepToeCurrentSea 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago (0 children)

lmao but yes what he said is also true, we can use the energy for
better things like electricity in far flung areas.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Practical-Store9603 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago (1 child)

How the turns have tabled!

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Elgato_TJ 1 point2 points3 points 19 hours ago (0 children)

Bitcoin just tends to amaze me every single day

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]citruspers2929 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Yeah it’s awesome. There are some really bright people in this space
who genuine care about this sort of thing.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Zealousideal_Ice8918[S] 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago (0 children)

It illustrates how flexible and innovative the crypto business is.
This change demonstrates the possibility for good change in the crypto
market .

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]glistofor 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Miners are buying the energy not producing it

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]hiredgoon 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Bitcoin isn't an energy market. It consumes energy from the energy market.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]GreekGod0007 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago (0 children)

One of the top you said

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]mochi_ball223 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago (2 children)

Interesting that with each halving and increase in difficulty, miners
will be more motivated to migrate to sustainable energy. May see
technology developments from BTC mining that could make sustainable
energy adoption in other industries.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]belavv 2 points3 points4 points 23 hours ago (0 children)

Or they will chase cheap energy no matter how it is produced. And
smaller miners will shut down. And only the big miners will stay
alive. Meaning mining becomes more and more centralized.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]CreepToeCurrentSea 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago (0 children)

It might indirectly even cause other companies to switch to greener
alternatives.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Tasigur1 1 point2 points3 points 22 hours ago (0 children)

I call it the evolution of greatness 👌

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Embarrassed-Bowl-230 13 points14 points15 points 1 day ago (8 children)

It's not just because they like the environment but it's the cheapest
way for them to remain profitable.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Mean-Argument3933 7 points8 points9 points 1 day ago (3 children)

Win-win situation anyway

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Lillica_Golden_SHIB 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Good for the miners, good for the environment and good for the network
and all of us.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Every_Hunt_160 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

A happy coincidence made into a win-win situation really!

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Hawke64 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Finally some use case for *checks notes* electricity. Why did we
invent that crap anyway?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]FreekTheDog 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Endless sun and wind yes

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Guilty_Fisherman5168 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Also power companies pay mines to turn off when demand is high.

Another way they can make money is to help smooth the grid.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Zealousideal_Ice8918[S] 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

It's a win-win scenario where profitability and sustainability can go
hand in hand, more attractive choice for miners.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]MericaGuy 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

A positive outcome from selfish intentions is still a positive outcome

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]BradVet 4 points5 points6 points 1 day ago (2 children)

Media going quite on bitcoin energy consumption lately, wonder why

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Zealousideal_Ice8918[S] 4 points5 points6 points 1 day ago (0 children)

it's crucial to continue being alert and having conversations about
sustainability.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Elgato_TJ 1 point2 points3 points 19 hours ago (0 children)

Aliens are kinda hot right now thats why

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]glistofor 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Actually miners are buying the renewable energy from renewable energy
sources not producing it , if there is a case that they actually
produce renewable energy that bravo 👏 but it's 2 much noise for
nothing

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]mochi_ball223 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago (1 child)

BTC swinging from environment enemy #1 to an ESG asset in less than
half a decade

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Zealousideal_Ice8918[S] 1 point2 points3 points 23 hours ago (0 children)

Oh, you've got to admire how rapidly Bitcoin changed from being a
global threat to a favorite among ESGs, all in the space of a single
blink of an eye.

The crypto world works in mysterious ways, doesn't it? 😉

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Maleficent_Sound_919 5 points6 points7 points 1 day ago (31 children)

Their argument : "BTC is bad for the environment" is getting weaker each day

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Mean-Argument3933 7 points8 points9 points 1 day ago (20 children)

So many things people do daily that are bad for the environment, but
they refuse to change. Meanwhile they like pointing fingers at BTC

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Maleficent_Sound_919 8 points9 points10 points 1 day ago (18 children)

I love how the biggest environmentalists never look at themselves.

Using phones, going on holidays and so on. If it's so important to you
fix yourself first please

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Pristine_Spinach8718Banned 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago (8 children)

Exactly, they are all so hypocriet. Using all the the products and
services but telling the companies that offer them that they are bad.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Ben_Dover1234Dixie Normus was taken. 4 points5 points6 points 1 day
ago (7 children)

Although let's be honest, the bigger polluters still are large
corporations and celebs.

An interesting stat is like to pull up is that you would have to live
536 years to put out as much pollution as Taylor Swift has in the last
6 months.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Mean-Argument3933 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago (1 child)

Like Leonardo DiCaprio sailing around the world in a yacht lecturing
others how to care for the environment

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Old-Body-8317 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago (0 children)

It's a curious paradox, but celebrity activism can still raise
awareness for important causes, even when it comes with a touch of
irony.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]EveliaAvila 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago (3 children)

This, so much this. My family loves recycling and i do too but they
think they are actually making a difference. Soryr to break it down to
you mom and dad, whatever you end up doing will never trully make a
difference.

Your whole life of recycling can be wiped out in 1 day (or much less)
from big corporations or celebs.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Old-Body-8317 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago (2 children)

It's harsh truth, but still, every effort counts towards a more
sustainable future.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]EveliaAvila 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago (1 child)

Ofc, i do too and i agree but i do understand the real impact we are making.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Ben_Dover1234Dixie Normus was taken. 1 point2 points3 points 1 day
ago (0 children)

If everyone recycles, then it will make a big difference.

But even if they do, if celebs still use private jets everyday, and
corporations don’t start using green energy; then it doesn’t matter.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Old-Body-8317 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Absolutely, It's astonishing how the actions of some can outweigh a
lifetime of effort from others.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]furysammy 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago (1 child)

If you want to make a change then change yourself

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Elgato_TJ 2 points3 points4 points 19 hours ago (0 children)

cant change the world unless you change yourself g, that’s right

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Mean-Argument3933 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago (3 children)

My friend bought a Tesla to be more 'environmentally friendly', but
here is the catch: he never drives. It may take decades to offset the
carbon footprint of manufacturing the car that he didn't need anyway.
It's just for show lol

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Old-Body-8317 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago (0 children)

True, it's a balance between perception and real environmental impact.
Driving responsibly and for a longer lifespan could tip the scales in
favor of sustainability.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Burzzzt88 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Sad it's just being there for show. There are so many components in
that car that are everything but enviromental friendly.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]timbulance 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago (0 children)

So he has a nice low mileage Tesla just parked ? Use it or lose it

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]ablablababla 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago (1 child)

How is using a phone bad for the environment

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Maleficent_Sound_919 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago (0 children)

The materials they need to make your phone

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Hawke64 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago (0 children)

    Using phones

Real environmentalists communicate using smoke signals

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]furysammy 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Looks like they like blaming everything for crypto all their reasons
problems etc end to crypto

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]EveliaAvila 3 points4 points5 points 1 day ago (5 children)

BTC's carbon footprint is shrinking faster than a snowman in July.
They have to find something else.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]furysammy 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago (0 children)

They have plethora of reason to blame crypto. I will not be surprised
if they link animals extinction to crypto

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Maleficent_Sound_919 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago (2 children)

They will find new sticks to beat us with

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Ben_Dover1234Dixie Normus was taken. 0 points1 point2 points 1 day
ago (0 children)

They always do. At one point it was dangerous, then it was for
criminals, then it was bad for the environment.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Hawke64 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Beatings will continue until morale improves

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Zealousideal_Ice8918[S] 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago* (0 children)

It's encouraging to see the crypto space adapt and prioritize
environmental concerns.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]furysammy 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

This statement is weak in itself

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Sorrytoruin 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

It was always bad compared to other industries, just an excuse to attack btc

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Practical-Store9603 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

*is getting greener every day

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]WreckingSeth 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago* (5 children)

They want to reduce one the fixed costs of mining, electricity. If
they achieve to do that using renewable and clean sources the better
for everyone. I think this is the right path

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Zealousideal_Ice8918[S] 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago* (1 child)

Mining fixed costs can be decreased by the use of clean, renewable
energy sources, which is not only advantageous economically but also
environmentally sound. It's a development that will help the industry
and the environment by creating a more ethical and sustainable crypto
economy.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]WreckingSeth 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Exactly, there is no drawback in investing in renewables

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Lokiee0077 1 point2 points3 points 1 day ago (2 children)

I don't think they care about renewable energy, its all about reducing
the fixed cost and increasing the profits.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]WreckingSeth 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (1 child)

Yes of course but in the meantime if they use renewable it's a good
thing nonetheless

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Lokiee0077 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

I'm not saying it's not a good thing, I'm just sharing the main reason
behind going for renewable energy is too increase their profits.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]PiyushChansoliaPermabanned 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago (2 children)

It requires a ton of computer processing power, and therefore a ton of
electricity and then think about how electricity is 'made'. Burning
coal for example, is far from good for the environment. Even the
'clean' forms like wind turbines have side effects.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Maleficent_Sound_919 2 points3 points4 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Side effects being the materials that need to be mined to make them

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Zealousideal_Ice8918[S] 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

You're absolutely right; the energy-intensive nature of cryptocurrency
mining, particularly with coal-based electricity, poses environmental
challenges.

Balancing technology innovation with environmental responsibility is a
pressing issue.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]coinfeeds-botApproved CC Bot -1 points0 points1 point 1 day ago (0 children)

tldr; Bitcoin miners are focusing on efficiency and renewable energy
as the industry prepares for the Bitcoin halving in 2024. At the World
Digital Mining Summit, Bitmain unveiled its new Antminer S21 and S21
Hydro ASIC miners, which have improved performance and energy
efficiency. Miners are looking to integrate renewable energy sources
into their operations to offset rising electricity costs and maintain
profitability. The summit also discussed the importance of sustainable
development in the mining industry and the potential for miners to
participate in demand response agreements with power producers. The
advancements in ASIC technology, such as the Antminer S21, allow
miners to reduce energy consumption and increase profits.

*This summary is auto generated by a bot and not meant to replace
reading the original article. As always, DYOR.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Cryptosockies 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

this is how you make your product attractive. people complain about a
real issue? fix it. gg miners

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]EveliaAvila 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Making money and saving the planet, one Satoshi at a time. BTC and
green energy, a match made in crypto heaven.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Ben_Pars 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Best solution for bitcoin miners is to use renewable energy like solar
and haters will have nothing to say about it.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]hquer 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Double down because halving is around the corner…

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]002_timmy 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

I mean, that really should be the goal of any industry. Less pollution
+ higher margins. It’s a win-win for everyone

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]intestinalvapor 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Why not just move to proof of stake? All that mining material and the
extra solar panels are still an enormous source of pollution and waste
of ressources

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]MericaGuy 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

It is good to see energy efficiency being a priority in the
development of these devices. It means that miners have access to more
profits and cuts down one of the largest arguments against crypto and
BTC in particular.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]caleoki 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

Miners will never have my respect, no matter what. They're some of the
worst participants in the crypto space but still behind crypto
scammers.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]NoNumbersNumber 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago (0 children)

>From BTC is bad for the environment to BTC is good for the environment!

Good on you miners...

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Popular_District9072 0 points1 point2 points 21 hours ago (0 children)

investing in renewable energy today is likely to offset future
expenses - good move for any long term miners

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Quasar9111 [score hidden] 58 minutes ago (0 children)

Good stuff