mailbombbin mailbombbin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 11:03:00 PDT 2023

i'm thinking now that godel is right.
[interesting personal similar behavior here, serial consideration of
alternatives, started doing heavily when lost mind]

On 9/13/23, mailbombbin <mailbombbin at gmail.com> wrote:
> so “this statement is unprovable” becomes a false expanded statement.
given in the logic, the expanded statement is false, and provability
is equivalent to truth, this statement sounds true. one could even
write "the expanded statement of this statement in karl's 9/13/23
system of logic, is false" to make the contradiction more clear [of
course you could add an axiom countering that]

> expanded: “[axioms of logic] provability is equivalent to truth.
> [axioms of statements] this statement is true. [statement] this
> statement is unprovable.”

this expanded statement looks false. additionally, the expanded
statement "[axioms] this statement is true. [statement] this statement
is false." also looks false (self-contradictory), if the labels are
removed.

however, it looks correct (to me) to form the second expanded
statement from the first.

> we can then derive a contradiction from the expanded statement and
> prove it false.

one of the expressions on the internet around the incompleteness
theorem was around the lines of "all logics contain unprovable
statements that are true".
this isn't exactly countered by what i say here.

we'd have to precisely define "statement", "provable", and "truth" to
make that not true.
given we make the logic ourselves, that's totally doable.