[ot][spam][crazy][spam][confused code] asdf!

Mon Jul 17 14:04:04 PDT 2023

ok ummm
an event happens at mark_time
now it is now, shortly after mark_time
the event could be any speed at all, very fast or suddenly very slow

what should happen if now_time is farther along?
it seems we'd want to change how things are plotted so more events are
squeezed into the remaining time, assuming they aren't as slow as that
one was. [usually it updates the ratelimit count and period when this
happens too]

maybe it is a special condition ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

i guess we probably have time to send something off immediately in that case!
it could send it immediately, which would make a new mark_time from
which things could be calculated based on new data

this seems to make sense!

it's even a quick fix to the old code but maybe i'll add in the new
code anyway i like how it can calculate what is minimally needed given
the constants could change