Miami Beach Aims to Kill Spring Break Image With $100 Million Bond

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at rushpost.com
Tue Jul 11 11:55:45 PDT 2023

On 7/11/23 13:50, Gunnar Larson wrote:
> Miami Beach wants to do away with rowdy spring break crowds in favor of
> ballet and botanical gardens.
>
> Miami Beach Aims to Kill Spring Break Image With $100 Million Bond
> https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-07-11/miami-beach-aims-to-kill-spring-break-with-100-million-bond <https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-07-11/miami-beach-aims-to-kill-spring-break-with-100-million-bond>

Not sure what the connection is to cypherpunks here, but here's my take.

 From the story, it's looking like the spring break crowd has killed the
city's reputation for the other 50 weeks out of the year. The performing
arts (ballet, orchestra, live theatre, etc) don't get enough respect as
it is, and have a stereotype of being embraced by old and/or wealthier
people (ticket prices have figuratively gone through the roof).