Fri Jul 7 18:09:16 PDT 2023

—-
one of my habits is to imagine how a decision-tree-based AI might have
emotions. i basically assume that emotions are a universal product of
mature complex goal-meeting. recently i developed this idea further,
considering universal needs when pursuing goals and states would be
different from emotional representation of these needs, and from this
you can see how the way our emotions represent holds so much of our
evolutionary story.

the feeling of interest i recently thought around was comfort or
relaxation. a system with limits or capacity bounds, which is any
system engaging new information, has areas where it can meet goals
more readily because the parts of these goals are easily at hand. for
example, a prompt bot that has important information in its prompt,
rather than needing to retrieve it, could be said to be meeting a
universal need underlying relaxation, with regard to utility of that
information.