[ot][spam] Partial Book Experience: Robert Lifton, Losing R / Cults, Cultism, Zealotry

Tue Jul 4 10:15:34 PDT 2023

Author's Note

This book consists of excerpts from earlier work together with
considerable new material. The excerpts are printed in regular
typeface, while new commentaries are printed in italics [I'm likely to
put underscores around italics _like this_ if I encounter them]. The
introduction and chapters four, eight, and ten are new material but
are in regular type because in each case they constitute a full
chapter.

The excerpts weave together material from various parts of their
respective books, and have been edited for clarity as well as for
gender inclusiveness. I provide endnotes for new commentaries, while
citations for excerpts can be found in the original work.

In the use of Chinese words, I have changed the original Wade-Giles
romanization to contemporary Pinyin.