Wed Feb 8 03:58:30 PST 2023

i’m thinking of human influence and my experience of it on me

one of the properties was that it influenced me so as to increase its
ability to predict me.

for example, if you influence someone to stop doing an addictive
behavior or do something they dislike, they trend to migrate away from
your metrics, because they resist the influence.

if instead you first influence them to be easier to classify, and only
as a second-priority influence other behaviors, the change is
successful (and the person enslaved)

for me this made the appearance of mind reading because i would learn
to always do things that indicated my decision making influences