Manifestos: New Libertarian Manifesto by Konkin

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 19:15:13 PST 2023

https://archive.org/details/NewLibertarianManifesto_201703

 New Libertarian Manifesto

by
    Samuel Edward Konkin III

Publication date
    1980

Topics
    Agorism

Collection
    newsletters_inbox; newsletters; magazine_rack

The basic form of new Libertarianism arose during my struggle with the
Libertarian Party during its formation in 1973, and Counter-Economics
was first put forward to the public at the Free Enterprise Forum in
Los Angeles in February 1974. New Libertarianism has been propagated
within and without the libertarian movement and its journals, most
notably New Libertarian magazine, since then.

More importantly, the activism prescribed herein (especially
Counter-Economics) has been practiced by the author and his closest
allies since 1975. Several "anarchovillages" of New Libertarians have
formed and reformed.

Just once, wouldn't you like to read a manifesto that's been practiced
before it's preached? I wanted to.

And I did it.

Samuel Edward Konkin III October 1980

Preface to the Second Edition

An agorist publication ought to be judged most severely in the free
marketplace. Sure enough, the first edition of New Libertarian
Manifesto has been sold out and a second edition, taken up by a fresh
entrepreneur looking for profit with his ideology, is with you, the
reader. The market's judgement, to my pleasant surprise, is that NLM
is the most successful of my many publications.

In the realm of ideas, two years is a fairly short time. Nevertheless,
attacks on NLM have begun in Left-Center Libertarian publications and
one such student network newsletter berated errant chapters for
switching allegiance to "that flake, Konkin" only last month. Essays
and articles on Counter-Economics and agorism appear in more and more
non-Left (or non-agorist - yet) libertarian publications.

A truly encouraging sign is the emergence of many Counter-Economic
entrepreneurs in the Southern California area (and a few scattered
around North America and even Europe) who embrace and distribute NLM.
An agorist "industrial park" has been condensing quietly in Orange
County between these two editions.

This continuing gratification is not idly enjoyed. It has inspired the
author to continue the dialogue in two issues of a theoretical journal
based on NLM, the writing of Counter-Economics (see footnote 3,
chapter III), and the planning of a theoretical magnum opus, as Das
Capital was to the Communist Manifesto, undoubtedly to be titled
Agorism.

As for continuing to practice what I preach and expanding on the
practice, I may add to the end of the First Preface...

And I'm still doing it.

Identifier
    NewLibertarianManifesto_201703
Identifier-ark