Thu Aug 31 14:06:18 PDT 2023

Here’s from paperswithcode.com (which tends to be a little out of
date) a state-of-the-art machine learning paper on audio source
separation from august 9th:
https://paperswithcode.com/paper/separate-anything-you-describe

Roughly, they have a large model they trained that can separate typed
prompts from recordings, as well as perform other tasks. This seems
like it could be helpful.

To identify where a sound is coming from, one usually has multiple
channels. Wonder if it does that, or what does.

It’s hard for me to consider and integrate multiple approaches
nowadays. I feel like I could if I could get over some severe
cognitive tension.