[log][personal][ot] digital strangenesses

Karl Semich baffo32 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 13 07:12:47 PDT 2023

> anyway, my phone turned itself off when i started exploring further,
> and started bootlooping.
>
> during one of the first few boots it mismounted my sd card, instead
> mounting an old hidden partition i had from a previous flash of the
> phone. i had written the previous image’s encryption key into the
> hidden partition, and this file was displayed to me in the file
> manager when i went to look  what was wrong with the sd card, i don’t
> remember how to mount that partition manually.

the bootloop was because there were so many directories on the sd card
that it wouldn't complete fsck before a system watchdog expired.

the hidden partition was not mounted; it was the normal partition,
remounting. i'd forgotten the key was on the root folder; i must
rarely use the files view.

i don't why it remounted, but it was mostly coincidence that this was
the first moment it remounted since the watchdog threshold regarding
number of directories was reached.